It is with great excitement to share with you guys my recent discovery!

As smart carts and flasher are nowadays extremely rare, I thought the best flash carts one could find now on the market is either D'n'D, or everdrive, or more abundant EMS usb stuff etc.

But, it proves me wrong til I found this! Google translation is needed here unless you understand Chinese;)

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=521286093470

Note that the cart however requires a flasher. But with 32$ you can get one from the same web store.

Here is some features of the cart (4th package designed for lsdj):
- Imitation of the original game boy design (use original MBC5 chips), customization can be ordered
- Solid build quality
- Support for Game Boy and Game Boy Color games
- 1024 Kbit F-RAM (best for lsdj)
- Flasher/Dumper firmware upgradable to support GBA cartridge in the future
- Driver supports all platforms
- Simple menu of flasher software (upgradable and pretty easy to use)

I contacted the store owner (Peter Byemu) for pricing of course. Clearly, for the moment, it depends on order numbers. But an rough estimation of 60$ (cart+flasher, shipping excluded) can be made, which is cheaper than D'nD but gives the same performance/price ratio!

Here is Peter's site
http://famulator.blogspot.jp/
He has tons a lot of other interesting stuffs, how about wonderswan flashers/cartridges?!

The only problem is the shipping. It seems a little expensive to ship these carts from China to overseas. Maybe distributors (Kitsch, Nonfinite, etc.) could help in this case? Anyway, if anyone is interested, feel free to contact him by commenting on his blogs (I just got his permission to post here).

Last edited by syn (Mar 18, 2016 1:27 pm)

If it needs a flasher, it doesn't deliver the same performance as a DnD as I see it...
The whole point is the drag and drop.
Plus that littleFM can store multiple sav's on the rom on the go with a DnD.
Maybe this one can too, I dunno.

There's also the bennvenn cart, which seems like a good budget option.

It's interesting tho.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Yeah, if it relies on software to flash it then it will be difficult to use on every OS platform. That might not be an issue right now if the developer writes software for all the major OS platforms but going forward it'll be hard to keep up with any new operating systems and updates. DnD doesn't have to worry about any of that.

Last edited by Apeshit (Jul 17, 2019 12:16 am)

Madriz, Supain

benven carts are great

Timbob wrote:

If it needs a flasher, it doesn't deliver the same performance as a DnD as I see it...
The whole point is the drag and drop.
Plus that littleFM can store multiple sav's on the rom on the go with a DnD.
Maybe this one can too, I dunno.

There's also the bennvenn cart, which seems like a good budget option.

It's interesting tho.

Well, maybe the same performance/price ratio is the more accurate wording.
This one use the same F-RAM as DnD, so my guess is it also has the multiple sav's ability.

Bennvenn cart is great but you may still need to change battery