Hey all!

It's been a while since I've posted here (regrettably).

I'm getting back into modding and just ordered some V6's from nonelectronics.com.  The first backlight was a breeze and hooked up with virtually no hiccups.  The second, although easy to hook up, came out inverted even though it was supposed to be the standard one.  Is there any chance in hell that something could have just been wired incorrectly and caused it to invert?  Or is it possible I got sent an inverted one by mistake?  I am sure, like always, I'm making a fool of myself!

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
SpookGoblin wrote:

Hey all!

It's been a while since I've posted here (regrettably).

I'm getting back into modding and just ordered some V6's from nonelectronics.com.  The first backlight was a breeze and hooked up with virtually no hiccups.  The second, although easy to hook up, came out inverted even though it was supposed to be the standard one.  Is there any chance in hell that something could have just been wired incorrectly and caused it to invert?  Or is it possible I got sent an inverted one by mistake?  I am sure, like always, I'm making a fool of myself!

Rotate the polarizing film.

Since it wasn't shipped as a separate piece, I assumed it was affixed to the actual backlight.  Lo and behold, it was, but the adhesive was pretty strong.  Once I pulled it off and rotated it, I found myself unable to re-adhere it without a shit ton of ugly bubbles.  Anyone have any ideas on how I can reattach the polarizing film to the backlight without bubble planet occurring?

Last edited by Apeshit (Jul 17, 2019 12:05 am)

Oh thank the stars!  I was really starting to worry.

Any tips on getting that adhesive off the polarizing film?  Because I've been fiddling with it, there are some smudges and finger prints that I can't clean or wipe off while it's still sticky -__-

Taichung, Taiwan
SpookGoblin wrote:

Oh thank the stars!  I was really starting to worry.

Any tips on getting that adhesive off the polarizing film?  Because I've been fiddling with it, there are some smudges and finger prints that I can't clean or wipe off while it's still sticky -__-

Rubbing Alcohol. Every modder should have it handy.

katsumbhong wrote:

Rubbing Alcohol. Every modder should have it handy.

And handy I have it!  Thanks guys.  You always have the right answers and get back to me promptly.

Michigan

Did you purchase the inverted option?

Taichung, Taiwan
Jazzmarazz wrote:

I remember having purchased some backlights with "attached" polarizers that were oriented incorrectly. Mistakes happen.

Jazzmarazz wrote:

No :\ I opted for the standard orientation.

Still kind of struggling to get the polarized film to not be sticky on one side.  I've tried scrubbing it with a cloth moistened with isopropyl and even immersed it, but it is being extra stubborn.

Last edited by Apeshit (Jul 17, 2019 12:05 am)

Apeshit wrote:

there's no such thing as an "inverted' or "normal" backlight for gameboys, since the gameboy pocket's polarization is reversed to the DMG.

some colors, particularly blue, will give the appearance of looking inverted depending on the contrast settings. this tends to confuse people. the best way to tell is if your screen is a dark shade of blue when the LCD is off, that means it's truly inverted.

When I first popped it in, it definitely had a dark blue color to it.  After removing the polarizing film and rotating it, I slipped it back under to check and it took on the familiar green.