East Coast USA

So Ive notice that since I got my Electribe Sampler in the mail Ive Been so much more productive than I was before, and I'm wondering what instruments everybody else has been using lately. Has anyone else noticed an uptick in productivity after getting into a new piece of gear?

Melbourne

Teenage Engineering products are a good inspiration for me lately. Also my latest micro-setup (gameboy micro w/nanoloop, pocket operators, patchblocks) is highly dynamic and somehow more inspiring than my monomachine..

France

Beside chips, the instruments which inspire me the most are electric guitars (with tons of saturation), violin, harpsichord and musicbox.

Mt. Sustenance, Meat Planet

Usually piano or old/cheap synths inspire me to write. The responsiveness of the piano and customization of synth sounds help me write naturally.

As far as new instruments, I got an accordion recently! Thing's way harder to learn than it seems. The bass system isn't that difficult to understand, albeit it's really hard to adapt to and use fluidly.

Drums, too. I've been dissasembling my kit, poorly modifying the my sticks, and rearranging everything to force myself into different creative modes for composition. So using old gear in new ways also helps, I s'pose.

Buenos Aires, Argentina

A FM synth emulating a Rhodes piano.

Finland

My trusty old(not really that old) bass keeps me groovin' :')

Glasgow, Scotland.
cyancoloneels wrote:

As far as new instruments, I got an accordion recently! Thing's way harder to learn than it seems.

+1 I had one, and it was pretty tough. Sounded awesome, but was also so LOUD that I ended up never playing it.

Lake Titicaca

Sunvox (android) mostly, but recently the Va-beast part of Gstomper studio (android) has been quite inspiring as well...also electric guitar with the korg pandora px4  has been giving me some nice inspiring tones.  sunvox, gstomper va-beast and korg pandora px4 all stand in good stead wit me.

Sestri Levante, Genova, Italy

Fender Esquire into Roland Jazz Chorus.

Detroit, MI

I got a Minibrute a few months ago, definitely fun with guitar pedals.

Alive and well in fucksville

my gameboy

TX

cheap 80s casio & yamaha keyboards - they're usually pretty limited & just have a few distinctive features, but that limitedness in itself makes them fun

United States

GUNS

Last edited by Boner (Mar 31, 2016 5:04 am)

Czech Republic

weed
nanoloop 1.2
guitar through bbd delay
casio cz 101
more weed
and korg polysix

East Coast USA
Nursey wrote:

My microbrute is in the shop right now getting fixed. I cry every night it's not in my studio.

East Coast USA
Nursey wrote:

My microbrute is in the shop right now getting fixed. I cry every night it's not in my studio.