Johannesburg, South Africa

Hi all. I'm new to this forum, so just thought I'd drop a message to say hi. I have been composing 8 bit music on and off for a while now as well as completed my masters in music composition recently (my topic of research was video game music).

I wanted to find a forum to start sharing some of the 8 bit tunes I have been making a get some feedback and opinions to help myself grow as a composer, especially in this style.

First question I would like to ask is if there is any way for me to edit my username/handle. While signing up I put part of the catcha in my username and now I have random letters there...any way I can fix this without re registering?

Thanks in advance and hope to chat to some of you guys on here and learn something!

Will be posting one of my recent chiptune endeavours soon for feedback!

IL, US

nope, name changes aren't allowed on here. if you haven't really used the site much, just make a new account .. name changes were a bunch of work and were abused by some people to avoid blowback from acting like a tool towards other members back when most of the chipmusic.org staff was the 8bc staff, so when chipmusic.org was started we decided to just not do name changes (with very rare exceptions, hell i was staff on this site for years and even i didn't ask for a name change when i ended my old project and started new ones)

Johannesburg, South Africa

Ah ok. Thanks for the feedback. I'm guessing I'll have to use a new email address to change my name then haha... maybe I'll get used to Bacon Rage(eelr) tongue and if not will use one of my band emails. Thanks!

TSSBAY01

you must change the name of your musical project to bacon rageeelr, i think thats how this should probably go yea

Captcha-generated name? Sounds like a win to me.

Kinda like B00j McJibe: