Glasgow, Scotland.

One of the things I've found myself doing a lot is making use of guitar pedals to add colour to some of my LSDJ tracks. I got a bit obsessed with the weird and wonderful boutique noise boxes that are out there, but got frustrated that all of the demo videos (with a few notable exceptions) all focussed on warbly guitar riffs, and didn't really give much of an idea of what to do with synths/drum machines/other electronic instruments.

So... I decided to set up a blog to demo some of the more unusual pedals I come across, and just stuck it live tonight with my first one: An MWFX Judder pedal - played through a couple of Gameboys/TI-83+. Thought it may be of interest to some of you here!

http://noisepedals.com/2016/03/17/mwfx- … al-review/

Michigan

Delicious.

Melbourne

Great idea! I just got a gopro for making youtube videos, so maybe I'll start doing something similar.

Glasgow, Scotland.
pselodux wrote:

Great idea! I just got a gopro for making youtube videos, so maybe I'll start doing something similar.

Sweet! If you fancy becoming a contributor or whatever then let me know smile

Melbourne

Cool! Yeah I've got a few pedals that I've been meaning to demo, so once I get the time (currently planning a house move) I might get started on some videos.

Last edited by pselodux (Mar 18, 2016 10:39 pm)

Glasgow, Scotland.

New one up today...

http://noisepedals.com/2016/03/29/parad … ric-delay/

The Oniric delay from Paradox Effects in Mexico, being played with LSDJ, and a musical saw. Weird and spacey.

Glasgow, Scotland.

The latest one is pretty strange, and includes a Game Boy, Sismo Qadrox synth (worth checking out as they're really weird), and drums on a Volca Sample:

It's the Electro-Faustus EF111 GUITARDÄMMERUNG:

http://noisepedals.com/2016/04/04/elect … dammerung/

Lake Titicaca

I always thought musical saw would go well with simple waveforms...great idea...maybe try the theremini as well. I tried it in a store and its nice....very responsive. violinesque, opera singeresque.

Guitar pedals are o.k but expensive...i used to run gameboy with LSDJ and nanoloop through the tape echo effect on my sp505....sounds very spacey..

Last edited by JaffaCakeMexica (Apr 6, 2016 12:51 am)

Glasgow, Scotland.
JaffaCakeMexica wrote:

Guitar pedals are o.k but expensive...i used to run gameboy with LSDJ and nanoloop through the tape echo effect on my sp505....sounds very spacey..yes, like mars.

That sounds awesome!

Guitar pedals are definitely pricey, but I've become addicted.

Lake Titicaca

They are very high quality effects when sold as one box per effect...but multieffects pedals are pretty sweet too...Im quite fond of my zoom G2.1, only difference is you would use your foot instead of twisting knobs...and the effects would be slightly, almost imperceptably, less high quality.

Swansea, UK

NICE! I use an MXR blue box live to make my casio vl tone sounds like a kick ass square wave bass. totally recommend it for anyone interested in noise/drone

Swansea, UK

NICE! I use an MXR blue box live to make my casio vl tone sounds like a kick ass square wave bass. totally recommend it for anyone interested in noise/drone

Glasgow, Scotland.
donotrunwithpixels wrote:

Awesome! Would love to see that in action.

Swansea, UK
unexpectedbowtie wrote:

Come to Swansea Comicon next month? or email the promoter of a show you're already going to and have them book me tongue

Glasgow, Scotland.
donotrunwithpixels wrote:
unexpectedbowtie wrote:

Come to Swansea Comicon next month? or email the promoter of a show you're already going to and have them book me tongue

Hah, I'm all the way up in Glasgow, so it's unlikely...

Swansea, UK

totally offended.

I am SO worth a 16 hour drive.