coooool this keeps getting better 'n better

U.S./Canada

Great news all!  Blargg gave me the code for the other expansion chips, so FlashNSF v0.4 now includes support MMC5, VRC7, and FDS. smile

http://p1xl.com/fun/flashnsf/

Duck Tales rocks. Great job on how fast this is progressing!

Berkeley, CA

Totally awesome. One thing, the player is breaking onto the next line, unlike the regular player.

philly
Disasterpeace wrote:

Totally awesome. One thing, the player is breaking onto the next line, unlike the regular player.

Do you think iimusic will embed the flash player for albums that have NSFs available for download?

oh sick, it should

Venezuela

AMAZING!... this get better and better!! XDD... im exited...

p1xl, did you plan to add some kind of number of repetitions of each track? or just by time?.
and... is there is any plan to add more formats?, like gbs, ay, sap, etc...? I know this will made a "non-nsf-player", but just wonder, cuz this can help to play back songs many chipmusic sites as thisone, botb, 8bc, vorc, pouet, etc...

really thx for this p1xl smile)))))

philly
ui wrote:

p1xl, did you plan to add some kind of number of repetitions of each track? or just by time?

If you don't want normal NSFs to loop indefinitely, I know some NSF players (like nsfplay) support loop detection along with pre-determined fade lengths to transition tracks. He could perhaps try and implement something like this if he's interested...

However, the NSFE format allows for much more specific loop and fade times on a track-by-track basis, and since there's support for that, it's like you might as well convert your NSF to NSFE first. smile

Venezuela
bucky wrote:

However, the NSFE format allows for much more specific loop and fade times on a track-by-track basis, and since there's support for that, it's like you might as well convert your NSF to NSFE first. smile

hehe, nice big_smile i didnt knwo the NSFE was able to suport that. i have been using notsofatso since i meet the chipmusic/scene. But never get into that format ever!. But now looks like a better option to handle multi-track files :DDDDD... i have few multitrack files actually and im planing to release soon. So this will help a lot to improve formating and names. Thx mister big_smile

U.S./Canada

I think I'm going to stick with just the NSFE support.  Counting repetitions is kind of tough.  As far as I can tell, it involves either looking for loops in the 6502 code, or looking for loops in the audio stream.

I've been away from my computer for a couple of days, but look for more updates soon. smile

▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐

w0w!
this is sounding great!
congrats!

U.S./Canada

New update!  I've added a volume control and it remembers your volume preference between visits.

I'm thinking of adding play time in the next version.  Any ideas on where to put it?

philly
p1xl wrote:

New update!  I've added a volume control and it remembers your volume preference between visits.

I'm thinking of adding play time in the next version.  Any ideas on where to put it?

Hmm, maybe in another block to the right of the volume slider?
Not sure if you want to keep building it out sideways or not...

Venezuela

hey!! to bump this article!

i used the player with few of my tracks!...
www.iloveui.com/_index.html

and i noticed that if you have many tracks together, you cant see what tracks if playing (this for ppl who wanted to listen to your music and dont know the names of the tracks)....

The text could be changed or somthing in the player should show that your playing THAT track.

Also, i have a question... how hard is to create a DMC player in flash or java?????.

U.S./Canada

Ah, true.  I'll work on that.

As for a DMC (samples, right?) player, it would be pretty easy if it could be wrapped into an NSF.  PPMCK could do that, and then you'd need to assemble it.  It might be tricky to roll that all into something that Alchemy could compile.  Hmm.  Let me think on that one.

Philadelphia, PA

Added a note to requests forum about updating FlashNSF.

Last edited by B00daW (Jun 1, 2011 1:27 pm)