Sweeeeeeden
Koji-Kendo wrote:

That sounds great and all, but I've seen an inverted backlight and a biverted backlight. This beats them both in contrast, clarity and brightness. But if you guys are that aggravated by a simple title, than let me go ahead and fix that for ya.

Are you saying that if you would put in the inverter chip, the contrast, clarity and brightness would go down from what you have now? If so, would it go up or down from there if you activated the inverted palette mode in LSDj on top of that?

Nottingham, UK

Michigan

Best thread of 2016.

Apeshit wrote:

anal retentives? you think you can get away with saying that shit to me on the internet? i'll have you know i have over 300 confirmed backlights and am trained in gorilla modding. i've been single-handedly evolving the gameboy modding scene from behind the scenes. i know exactly the impact of my work and what's in my hands.

Say it to you here, say it to your face, say it however bro. Don't get butt-hurt just because the scene's moved on without you man. It's evolution.

Last edited by Koji-Kendo (Apr 12, 2016 9:38 pm)

nitro2k01 wrote:
Koji-Kendo wrote:

That sounds great and all, but I've seen an inverted backlight and a biverted backlight. This beats them both in contrast, clarity and brightness. But if you guys are that aggravated by a simple title, than let me go ahead and fix that for ya.

Are you saying that if you would put in the inverter chip, the contrast, clarity and brightness would go down from what you have now? If so, would it go up or down from there if you activated the inverted palette mode in LSDj on top of that?

Idk man, I don't even care anymore. Just forget I even posted this. Hey mods, can you delete this shit thread and my account as well? I need this like a moose needs a hat-rack.

Thanks, peace!

Sweeeeeeden

When you rotate the polarizing film 90 degrees you get increased contrast on a backlit screen. Nobody says this aint so, just that it's already a known fact. I will also admit that your tutorial was nicely done. But, I take a scientific approach to things and I'm not, to put it frankly, in the business of stroking people's egos one way or the other. So when you're claiming that you have seen a biverted backlight and yours was better, you may actually be right! Maybe you're using a better LED panel or a better polarizing film material than what you have seen before. But if it's true, it's true for physical reasons and not because you said so. My advice is to try to approach the issue rationally instead of emotionally. You don't need your account deleted because someone disagrees with you on the internet.

Abandoned on Fire
Apeshit wrote:

anal retentives? you think you can get away with saying that shit to me on the internet? i'll have you know i have over 300 confirmed backlights and am trained in gorilla modding. i've been single-handedly evolving the gameboy modding scene from behind the scenes. i know exactly the impact of my work and what's in my hands.

IL, US

wow, you really felt the need to call us anal retentive just because we pointed out that all that was going on was that it was inverted? and then rage-quit the site? sorry we don't all just bow down and kiss your feet, but come on... you're standing on the shoulders of der warst anyway since he was the first person (at least that i know of) doing lighting mods inside game boys back in 2004, yet hardly anyone doing backlight gives him the credit he deserves despite making a lot of money off something he figured out how to do and was kind enough to share freely on the internet
http://www.der-warst.de/warstware/other … backlight/

IL, US

lol, also just saw the updated first post claiming we're just jealous.... because of course that's the only reason someone wouldn't be impressed, not just because we know a shitload more about the history of modding game boys than the people on reddit... have fun pretending that you're some trailblazer while talking to people who don't know enough about game boy modding to call you out on it

NUMBSKULL

Speak for yourself. I, for one, am jealous.

Riverside, CA

is there a game boy mod that helps with anal retention?

Baja California

(I know he won't read it, but whatever) The mod looked interesting, to be honest, but It actually seems cumbersome to pull it off and I don't think it look good on if it's just going to be used that gameboy with lsdj.

I lurk quite a bit here and over on r/gameboy. While they both have a love of gameboys in common they're very different communities. It was pretty interesting to see this interaction between the two lol. I don't think a lot of people over on r/gameboy really appreciate the amount technical knowledge that exists here.

Sweeeeeeden

Just to avoid any confusion. Koji-Kendo has not been banned. That's just their choice of avatar. (An image showing the word "banned".) Also, here's the link to the album showing the mod:

http://imgur.com/a/89vXO

Aw too bad, did he discover a 'new' way of modding without knowing others who had already done it? That's still really cool imo.