I've been thinking about getting a polyphonic synth for pads and arps and liked these demo videos for the Korg Minilogue. Seems like the chord mode would helpful for someone like me who doesn't have a strong music theory background and isn't really a skilled keyboardist. The built in sequencer is pretty cool too.

Have any of you incorporated this synth into your setups? Any other synths you would suggest checking out?

IL, US

i don't have one, but a friend got one the other day and he's pretty much in love with it already.. the specs on it all look great and the price is good... honestly, best advice i could give is to go to a store and try it out if you have the chance... synth preferences are so subjective that it's pretty hard to be sure what one person would like.. the first synth i ever owned (a RedSounds Darkstar, now long discontinued) is rated very poorly on most synth forums and apparently most people hate it, but i liked it.. for me, it usually comes down to the interface for editing patches more than anything else, so something with a large number of physical controls (or a very good menu system like the dsi mopho) is important... the minilogue would be a good choice for me, but you never know until you actually sit down with a synth for awhile