Michigan

Any loop pedal enthusiasts here? Just got wind of the new Ditto x4 looper and the fact that it has MIDI in/thru made me think about experimenting with using LSDJ to play back in sync with overdubbed guitar loops.

I was thinking the set up would look something like:

LSDJ (set to master) > USBboy > Ditto X4. Then using the pedal to overdub guitar on top of the LSDJ backing track.

Just wondering if anyone here has attempted something like this or experimented with syncing LSDJ to any analog/digital loopers via arduino or the like.

Has anyone experienced any roadblocks or major hurdles with a similar setup? I'm thinking it should be as simple as grabbing a usb 2.0 to MIDI converter and trying it out.

USBboy won't work as it isn't a USB MIDI host device. Far simpler to use Arduinoboy with DIN MIDI.

San Diego, CA

If you're OK with a really tiny amount of programming a raspberry pi can act as a midi host device

Czech Republic

I tried to synchronize Boss RC3 modified taptempo button to Analog CV gate/trigger of Roland TR606, but I'm not satisfied. RC3 just take first (about) 4 ticks and then it loops to this tempo, doesn't matter on TR606 trigger anymore, so it goes out of sync by some time.
I'm interested in similar looping possibilities, so if anyone has some idea...
There is also Jamman XT + Syncman solution, (midi & analog clock possibilities), but it's relatively expensive
or there is another solution, Looper with midisync and midi2trigger converter

Michigan
Knife Crimes wrote:

USBboy won't work as it isn't a USB MIDI host device. Far simpler to use Arduinoboy with DIN MIDI.

Ah i see, so would something like this work for what I need?

noisewaves wrote:
Knife Crimes wrote:

That's the one you want

Michigan
Timbob wrote:
noisewaves wrote:

That's the one you want

Awesome! Ill have to pick one up then