Hi there,
             Ive invested in a DMG and looking to change the housing. A strange question but: In your opinion, what is the most professional looking colour of housing? Im planning on keeping it in my studio so want it to kind of match my other stuff. Im cut up between the clear or the black housing. Im leaning more towards the clear. It makes it look like a serious bit of kit.

I know this may be looking into the matter a little too much, but I may as well make the best decision for the colour!

Austin, TX

I've always looked at the clear ones as being the most classy, especially if they're painted on the inside giving it the exoskeleton look. That's all just personal opinion tho. If you're stuck between clear and black, you could always do a combo.

Whateverville, California

Maybe one of those 3rd party black cases with the text removed. That or a black Kitsch case. Very rectangular and formal. Probably with a white bivert backlight for maximum class.

Last edited by Apeshit (Jul 17, 2019 12:02 am)

Madriz, Supain

The most pro is grey

Clear case painted from the inside. Fo' shure

Liverpool, UK

http://www.thepicta.com/media/112674136 … 2_25642324

This is the one I got, modded by JoeBleeps (Joeteach on IG) - all black.

Quick screengrab.
White backlight would be better but probably didn't have one at the time.

The Aeroplane
SuperBustySamuraiMonkey wrote:

The most pro is grey

For some reason I've always thought the most professional looking DMG colour was the original grey. It just looks like it really means business... I've always thought inside-painted clear DMGs look sorta tacky (too cluttered near the buttons and d-pad) but it really depends on the aesthetic the user's going for

Madriz, Supain
Tribade wrote:
SuperBustySamuraiMonkey wrote:

The most pro is grey

For some reason I've always thought the most professional looking DMG colour was the original grey. It just looks like it really means business... I've always thought inside-painted clear DMGs look sorta tacky (too cluttered near the buttons and d-pad) but it really depends on the aesthetic the user's going for

Whatever mod you do to it, it will look like " im so invested in this toy". If you want to have a gameboy at the studio and act pro like "yeah we can SAMPLER that" , greay is the choice. If not, some people is gonna think you're into stuff they could or could not like.

Just think it the other way: you hire a guy/gal to record your drums at his/her studio. Upon arriving there, he/she shows you the other stuff. Theres a see-thru accordion, a golden , crystal emobossed flute and shitty regular studio drum snares. ¿What do you think about it? Now imagine the same situation with a regular accordion and flute.

Yes

NUMBSKULL

White. Most people will not know it isn't the original grey. But it looks better than the grey. Best of both worlds.

IL, US

i think black matches more gear, but it all depends on what your other equipment is

Taichung, Taiwan

Iphone colors.

catskull wrote:

White. Most people will not know it isn't the original grey. But it looks better than the grey. Best of both worlds.

White FO sure!

NC in the US of America
catskull wrote:

+1

Finland

Yeah white looks freaking baumbing. Original white tho, with labels on or alternatively a really well spraycoated/sealed white that isn't clumpy, bubbly and terrible.

Clear plastic coated on the inside looks great and wont rub off terrible spraypaint onto your other gear so that just freaking SCREAMS professional.

aaand with some damn nice LED-work and it'll be up there among the coolest ones wink