Boise, ID

I've just been curious. I've been using some audio technica m30's for about 3 years. I want to upgrade to something higher-fi and I'd like to see what people prefer for their chiptune, either for listening or production.

Personally I'm trying to choose between some SRH 940's, KAM HP1's, or maybe one of the V-Moda models. Charteroak SP1's look premium to me but are out of my budget... I want a neutral, maybe slightly warmer leaning sound signature, with good soundstage, frequency response, clarity and all that...

Melbourne

I have the AIAIAI TMA-1x. Clearest headphones I've ever heard. I don't listen to much in the way of chip stuff but pretty much everything sounds amazing through them.

Melbourne, Australia

I have some Beyerdynamic DT 770's and they are not only the most confortable headphones I've worn, but they're also a super pleasant but accurate sound. Also really good in terms of getting spare parts for them apparently, which is nice.

IL, US

can't go wrong with sennheiser, even some of their sub $80 models are pretty good, flat frequency response & very clear

Finland

* KOSS buds at work (not terrible, has pretty good bass but not a big fan of squeezing things into my ears).

* Razer KRAKEN for entertainment. Gamer-grade crap, but they are seriously comfortable and the bass-response is great.

* Audio Technica m50 for mixing music, working with audio and that.

smile

King's Lynn, UK
e.s.c. wrote:

can't go wrong with sennheiser, even some of their sub $80 models are pretty good, flat frequency response & very clear

I've always heard that sennheiser do the best stuff in terms of sound quality, so I bought some wireless ones - RS 120 mk II - and the sound is great, but the ergonomics leave a lot to be desired. Now I have a pretty big head, but on the smallest setting I can get the damn things, they slip off if I tilt my head even a little.

Last edited by HillyOTM (Apr 26, 2016 11:17 am)

Melbourne
e.s.c. wrote:

I've found that pretty much all of the sennheiser headphones I've bought have suffered from plug failure after 6 months to a year of everyday use. I thought it was just the way I handled them (not very roughly tbh) but then I literally found a pair of audio technica canalphones on the side of the road which have lasted almost two years of being in my bag without the cable/plug failing.

Having said that, sound-wise, sennheisers are great!

ATH m50x for closed.
Sennheiser HD600 for open. Love.

I think Beyerdynamic makes better closed phones than ATH, but the drivers are too sensitive.

IL, US

sucks that you've had the plugs fail, mine have held up well, but i'm very gentle on pretty much all gear.... really, anything in their HD line sounds very good, even the lower end models....

Planet Zaxxon

Sennheiser HD280 for referencing/listening. My favorite $100 headphones.
Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro for mixing/tracking, extremely comfortable and flat sounding.

DT 990s at home and DT 770s at work

Abandoned on Fire
pselodux wrote:

I have the AIAIAI TMA-1x. Clearest headphones I've ever heard. I don't listen to much in the way of chip stuff but pretty much everything sounds amazing through them.

I've got the first version of the TMAs and I love them more than any other phones I've tried. Just pure comfort and non-fatiguing sound.

Joliette, QC, Canada

I just got a pair of Pioneer HDJ-500 2 weeks ago and imo this is the best headphones I got in my life and I had a lot of good headphones in the past like Grado SR60i and some AKG !

Sestri Levante, Genova, Italy

ATH m50x

MDR-V700

Rhode Island

I had a pair of Sennheiser HD280s for years and years. They were awesome and I never had issues with them aside from the pads becoming worn after so much use. Now I am currently using ATH m50s because I wanted to mix it up. They are another great set of headphones.