the Netherlands

Hi peepz!

I need your help and advice...  I also posted this in the LSDJ FB-group but I know some of you that can might help me out are in here.

In the next months, I will be having some very nice gigs happening. To be fully prepared, I was thinking of changing my EMS carts to Drag 'n Derps. The main reason behind this thought is to reduce the chance of cartridges crashing on stage (yyyikes!!!).

The question of all questions: How stable are Drag 'n Derps? What are your experiences with malfunctions?

Thanks for your help in advance!

M

Bristol, UK

I've had no issues with my EMS but I have a drag n derp too and it definitely feels safer!

-Tommy

Sweeeeeeden

Firstly: Always have two carts so you have one as a backup that you can swap with. Secondly: Part of the stability question how easy it is to restore a backup IF something goes wrong. Derp wins by kilometers (metric, yay) since you don't need special drivers. Just plug it into any laptop. And get the save from your e-mail or dropbox or where ever.

the Netherlands

Yeah, I always flash an extra cart and take it on stage just in case anything goes wrong.  But my question is mainly about how stable both types of cartridges  are in running LSDJ. (If there is any difference at all??!!) Not that I am experiences so many crashes but I was just wondering if the Drag N Derp would be more stable? Do you know anything about that?

But I guess I just get myself some new batteries for my EMS cartridges and I am good to go!

Melbourne, Australia

+1 for the Drag n Derp. I have two and neither of them have caused me any problems at all. I have had batteries run out halfway through using LSDJ and it still boots up fine. Super easy for dragging saves on and off. But for specifically in LSDJ stability, I don't think there would be much difference, but if anything the Drag n Derp would be safer imo.

I have experienced precisely zero problems while using Drag'n'Derp. It is as stable as a very stable thing.

Detroit

I've actually had more firsthand experiences with Derps fucking up than EMS carts.  Snesei's has some weird bug where the rom will freeze in the middle of playing until you press the A button, and then it continues like nothing happened.  Completely random but it's been a repeated situation many times in the past.

nɐ˙ɯoɔ˙ʎǝupʎs

Get on those derps my dude.

I have had one go crazy (the prototype one that I was messing with for a while - my 'official' ones have had ZERO issues). But as nitro says, if you do have issues, it's so easy to restore your backups that it wins by 10,000 kilometers.

Never had stability issues with a DnD.
I did have some stability issues with my batteries tho.

Unsubscribe

Ive have had some glitchyness, but not in a way to crashed the cart or killed data. Reboots fixed it so its probably some dirty cart stuff.

Finland

I have two EMSs and a DnD. No issues with any of them. although, the driverless DnD wins in my opinion. Those EMS drivers are a pain the butt-pit to get working right on windows 7 and probably 10 if there hasn't been new drivers by now that make that easier. are there android apps now that deal with EMS? I think I've heard about that???

Anyway. No drivers = amazing.

my.Explosion wrote:

I have two EMSs and a DnD. No issues with any of them. although, the driverless DnD wins in my opinion. Those EMS drivers are a pain the butt-pit to get working right on windows 7 and probably 10 if there hasn't been new drivers by now that make that easier. are there android apps now that deal with EMS? I think I've heard about that???

Anyway. No drivers = amazing.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta … &hl=en

totally forgot about that until u mentioned it. at the time i had iphones now i have an android. def downloading it

Melbourne, Australia

Derps are amazing, also they have a lifetime warranty.

I somehow managed to upload a dodgy .sav file on one of mine once, and after me screwing around, it refused to boot. I messaged James and he told me to send it to him and he'd replace or fix. I was up and running again in a week or two. Lovely man.

Last edited by Calavera (May 4, 2016 6:33 am)