Inside a Gameboy

http://www.gearbest.com/game-accessories/pp_165480.html

So before I was deciding to buy a gb cart i came across this.
What do you guys think? For the price and if you have one how well is it?
its free shipping but comes from china so the wait time is a while.
I dont mind it tho since i have a cart but doesnt hurt to have more for a GBA/SP or DS

france

I have this kind of cart.
You have to patch rom with a strange software to be able to use savestate. And it works for 2/3 of roms.
The bad things about this kind of flash cart is it is limited to 2GiB mini or micro sd card.
I may be wrong but if i remember well it is the case.
Some game stream a lot of data from the card and this game will be slow, because this card doesn't stream data fast. So some game are slow, but not all and lots of game run at native speed.
If you have no gba card, take it, it is good.
I use this and a psp to play all gba game.

france

IIRC, the ezflash iv is the best card ever for gba.
It had a NOR storage and a sd or mini sd slot slot which let you write the gba roms to a fast storage on the card directly from the gba.
it take time to write the roms to the NOR, 2 minutes, but it run at native speed. Don't know the savestate...

The other card works but they sucks for software support ( for example patching roms ) and streaming the roms from the card to the gba.
I don't have the ezflazh iv because it cost lots more.
This is what I remember from various forum, so don't trust too much my opinion, this is just what is in my memories when I play gba games on gba three years ago.

Last edited by yoyz2k (May 6, 2016 12:51 pm)

Alabama

The Supercard SD was garbage when it came out in the heyday, still is garbage now. Ez Flash IV all the way.

I'd recommend the EZFlash IV (if you can find it).

Here's my really old review about it (God, this is embarrassing): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtYzVNN6a14

france

The EZFlash IV is definitely better.
But the supercard sd is still not garbage.
You can launch gb, gba and nes roms and for this, it is cool.

Atlanta, GA

Mine recently died out of nowhere. It's really difficult to know WHY it died, but it's been degrading ever since I got it a year ago.

Melbourne

The BennVenn GBA carts seem to be pretty solid.