Brighton, UK

Hey there,

If any of you use the “GB USB 64M Smart Cart” you’ll probably know the manufacturer’s software is Windows only. Well, I’ve made a free Mac app so now OS X users can manage their cartridge.

It uses EMS Flasher (a Mac command line tool by Mike Ryan) behind the scenes. My app provides a simple GUI which makes reading/writing ROMs easier for those not wanting to mess with Terminal commands.

Hope it helps some of you out there…

http://www.hexensemble.com/gb-usb-64m-cart-mac-app

UK

Thanks, this will be really useful

NUMBSKULL

Thank you! As a suggestion, there's a fork of Mike Ryan's tool that adds multi rom support. You could implement that feature in the GUI?

Brighton, UK

I didn't know that, thanks for the heads up! Will check it out and see what I can do.

OK...now this is good sir.
This is probably the answer to alot of folks prayers haha. I am going to promote your link on my social media crapola, I'm going to put it on the links page of my website and perhaps as you update it keep a backup on my own server. I happen to use both a Windows PC and a Mac so it's not like I've been without access to my own cartridge, but getting them drivers to work in Windows 10 took a little effort haha.

Thank you for the effort.

Glasgow, Scotland.

Awesome work! I had rigged up my own workflow for command line but will check this out next time smile

Adelaide, South Australia

Holy fuck, Thank you so much for this.

Brighton, UK

Hey guys, just found a major bug that's stopping the cart from writing. In fact it's reading from the cart to a file instead of writing. Not sure how this slipped through my checks but working on a fix now!

Brighton, UK

Ok, all fixed, sorry about that! New version available here...

http://www.hexensemble.com/gb-usb-64m-cart-mac-app

I'll be working on the multiple ROM support soon.

Italy

Thanks a lot! I was making a GUI for ems-flasher with python, but this is much better.

Naptown

what are the chances this could be run in windows? i never got the EMS drivers to install on my win7 x64 machine for whatever reason. i use ems-flasher in cygwin with zadig libusb drivers and it works great, but a GUI would be really cool.

Brighton, UK

The GUI was made using Java so if you have Java installed it would def run, not sure if it'd do anything else though. Inside the app bundle is a .jar file, try running that and see what happens.

Naptown

it just calls the ems-flasher binary right? guessing i may need that in the folder with the .jar and maybe the cygwin dll. i'll give it a shot when i get home and let you know

Brighton, UK

Yeah you'll need ems-flasher to be in a folder called EMSFlasher which will need to be in the same directory as the .jar file. You'll see it all in the app bundle.
Let me know how you get on.

Canada

Amazing! I know lots of people who still use this cart over the drag n derp. This makes it a lot easier for us unix users:) thanks!

Naptown

Since Windows doesn't have bash it won't work natively, but it runs perfectly in Cygwin.