Brunswick, GA USA
yoyz2k wrote:

it is so close to impulse tracker, or maybe schism/impulse is the same software dunno.

It's not, as schism and other clones were written to create and edit the .IT format, the actual IT source was closed, see http://roartindon.blogspot.com/2014/10/ … art-3.html

United States

archive.org is missing the last year of posts on the /scdev/ forum, meaning that all the issues and patches that had been posted since schism development stopped are quote, lost, end quote.

most likely that content still exists somewhere, and hopefully in a location that is still accessible by storlek or another contributor. maybe someone who has a twitter account and isn't afraid to use it could ping them about it

São Paulo, Brazil

[noob]My dreamquest for Schism Tracker is a search bar in the samples screen for looking for samples in the HDD. Would that be possible?[/noob]

United States

~actually we plan to integrate schismtracker with The Cloud so that you can access all your samples across all your devices~

Brunswick, GA USA
PULSELOOPER wrote:

[noob]My dreamquest for Schism Tracker is a search bar in the samples screen for looking for samples in the HDD. Would that be possible?[/noob]

Possible? Yes. Did IT have it? No... so if you were to write one in yourself as a fork you'd have something that escapes from IT's look and feel.

United States

schismtracker is designed to replicate IT's look and feel, but being an exact 1:1 replica isn't the goal. schism adds new features like adlib support (present in ST3 but not IT) and some things that are useful outside an MS-DOS context (you didn't need a key binding for "toggle fullscreen" back then).

that isn't an outlandish request! i think for the moment we are likely to be just sticking to maintenance and small fixes, because we are both pretty unfamiliar with the schism codebase, and it is massive, so making it bigger is not top of the agenda at the mo'

no harm in dreaming though smile

Brunswick, GA USA

You don't need permission to write a feature for open source software.

i'm assuming the reason pulselooper asked is because he didn't feel up to doing it himself smile the oss community tends to forget there are users who aren't developers - just like the chipmusic community forgets there are listeners who aren't creators (oh wait. there aren't. ha ha)

São Paulo, Brazil
sandneil wrote:

i'm assuming the reason pulselooper asked is because he didn't feel up to doing it himself smile the oss community tends to forget there are users who aren't developers

yup, hence the [noob] BBCode on my previous message neutral

United States

@PULSELOOPER – ah sorry, i thought you were being facetious :~)

but i agree with sandneil. it's certainly doable, although new features aren't our top priority yet. if you want to make a feature request, the best place to do it is on the github issue tracker, since in n months we aren't likely to remember that thing someone said on that forum thread that one time.

São Paulo, Brazil
jangler wrote:

@PULSELOOPER – ah sorry, i thought you were being facetious :~)

but i agree with sandneil. it's certainly doable, although new features aren't our top priority yet. if you want to make a feature request, the best place to do it is on the github issue tracker, since in n months we aren't likely to remember that thing someone said on that forum thread that one time.

no problem, mate wink

if I think of some more realistic requests, I'll hit you guys @ github.

United States

.IT nerds might find this interesting: https://github.com/jangler/schismtracker/issues/3

as far as i'm aware, DUMB is the only player that emulates this pathological case correctly.

edit: tested the latest version of xmplay today, and xmplay gets it right, too. kudos.

Last edited by jangler (May 15, 2016 5:06 pm)

Poland, Gdansk

Dont you think that fixing the midi clock send implementation is a realistic request?

Also support for OPL3 would be awesome smile

scannerboy wrote:

Dont you think that fixing the midi clock send implementation is a realistic request?

probably - if you can explain what's wrong with it (what it should do, what it currently does) and how to test it, i can take a look over the weekend. i've not used midi in schism ever so you will have to "explain like i'm five"

Also support for OPL3 would be awesome smile

i think this would require all new opl code and a new fileformat too (i don't think s3m does opl3?) -plus dos code to play it back on hw. wouldn't hold your breath wink

Poland, Gdansk

It looks that currently schism sends one midi clock message (F8) every eigth row and it should send 6 midi clock messages on every row.

I think that the easiest way to test it would be to connect an external sequencer and check if it stays in sync.