(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ el ass dee j

Hey all!

So I'm about to plan out my first mod because it's been 3 years of me sittin here twidlin my dick tryin to make music and my shit keeps breaking.

I really like the DMG, but it's falling behind on me and can't keep up with my workload. Slowdowns, skipped notes, etc...

I've heard that the GBC is a great option, but they only lighting option is a frontlight that imho looks awful. On the other hand, the GBP has a similar form factor and the ability to be backlit, but I don't know what the speed of the processor is and if it would even be able to handle my workload. There's also very little documentation I've been able to find on the hardware of the system itself.

So, does the z80 compare better, worse, or equal to whatever the fuck the GBP has?

Thanks!
-Sam

GBC goes faster.

Melbourne

Yeah I'd go for GBC over GBP.

Have you considered a GBA though? SP perhaps?

Last edited by pselodux (May 18, 2016 1:05 am)

pselodux wrote:

Yeah I'd go for GBC over GBP.

Have you considered a GBA though? SP perhaps?

I've highly considered them but I hate their form factors.

The GBA is hard to use because of the janky select button placement and the SP can only go out through a 3rd party connector and it's a clamshell.

Last edited by nanode (May 18, 2016 1:23 am)

I love and use all three.  Each has it's own strength's and weakness'.

If your DMG can't keep up, the GBP won't either, since the processor / speed is the same.
Form factor is the only difference between those two. (And some small other things.. Sounds a bit different etc)

If you need faster processing you should go for GBC or GBA /SP

And if form is important, build an SP into a DMG shell.

Naptown

gb player. but it's not portable.

urbster1 wrote:

GBP = Gameboy Pocket

Timbob wrote:

if form is important, build an SP into a DMG shell.

I'd like to keep my sanity thanks tongue

Naptown
nanode wrote:
urbster1 wrote:

GBP = Gameboy Pocket

yes i was aware of that

Toronto, Canada

I'm biased towards the GBC but I would recommend it. Especially if the DMG is having trouble keeping up with your tracks. I started off using a DMG but it kept blowing out because most of the tracks I was working on were 208 bpm

Canberra, Australia

The frontlight isn't really that bad for the GBC--you can still use it in broad daylight too, so that's a nice plus. Though I only have AGS-001 modded GBCs and not the Kitsch+LOCA variants...

Also, pay attention to the CPU revision of the GBC (if you're planning to go for that path) and make sure it's a -04 or -05. I've had nasty experiences with other revisions (-02 kept killing notes that used P and V commands).