GNV / FL / USA

Very excited to announce the release of some new software: a Processing Textmode Engine I wrote! smile Render all of your Processing output in glorious full color ASCII or ANSI art. It's free and open source -- please share this widely!

Please grab it on Github here: https://github.com/no-carrier/ProcessingTextmodeEngine

And for more info, check out my site here: http://no-carrier.com/index.php?/work/p … de-engine/

Have fun!!!

Here's a clip of the demos that come with the engine above:

And here's a textmode lightsynth I'm working on:

Melbourne

that is fkn amazing!

West Yorks, UK

looking forward to using this with my sketches! especially interested in the lightsynth side of things as that is essentially what I aim to create also (generative, emergent lightsynth very much based on Minters 8 / 16 - bit and jaguar lightsynths); will you be sharing the code for that when you're done? maybe we could help each other out! (though I guess ur skills are far in advance of my own)

Ill upload some stuff using the text mode library very soooon

Buenos Aires, Argentina

This is genius!

Turku, FIN

Oh wow this is coooool

GNV / FL / USA
Domu wrote:

looking forward to using this with my sketches! especially interested in the lightsynth side of things as that is essentially what I aim to create also (generative, emergent lightsynth very much based on Minters 8 / 16 - bit and jaguar lightsynths); will you be sharing the code for that when you're done? maybe we could help each other out! (though I guess ur skills are far in advance of my own)

I'm still working on it, and plan to keep it internal for now, unless I feel its really polished at some point and want to get it out there. Only did a couple gigs with it so far. But feel free to hit me up if you want to discuss ideas and code around the type of stuff you described. Obviously interested! smile

Domu wrote:

Ill upload some stuff using the text mode library very soooon

Can't wait to see.

GNV / FL / USA

Here are some pics from an 8static gig a week ago, using this software:

All photos by Marjorie Becker, see the full set from the show here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/m_becker/ … 8454456235

Last edited by NO CARRIER (May 28, 2016 7:06 pm)

bed

This is so cool!! A bit similar to AAlib, but looks a lot simpler to use. Would love to see a BB port to this smile

Joliette, QC, Canada

Damn ! This is really awesome !
I once again take my hat off for you. Another awesome project done by The Don !!! big_smile

Awesome effect, makes me think of oldschool ASCII rogue-like games (or new variations on that like brogue).

Last edited by witchspace (May 31, 2016 7:13 am)

West Yorks, UK

okay, not as easy as I thought to integrate my sketches into this thing. Is it really a library? Seems more like a sketch, as you dont actually import anything into your own sketch. Maybe im missing something. And i guess me using an ancient linux netbook to test it was the main source of my errors.

Looking forward to getting it going though for sure; i'll report back soon

West Yorks, UK

Anyone else shown you their sketches through the textmode lib Don? Be sure to link any and all examples to us here!

For fun I forked this and added an option to limit colours to a CGA-style 16 colour palette. Check it here if that's a thing you're into. Thanks for sharing, NO CARRIER!

West Yorks, UK

Awesome knife crimes, pload some images or vids whilst I get my complex 3d mesh synthesiser working within the text mode!