Litebritedeath Land

I have been eyeballing the GCW Zero handheld and noticed they added ALSA MIDI support on the official website.  I was just wondering how feasible it was that we will have MIDI functionality with the GCW Zero and piggy?  I think it looks like a great little handheld and I'm super interested in piggy.

I'd love to hear more about this as well!

Unsubscribe

Starpause has both a unit and the source so time will tell. I want one too!

Litebritedeath Land
herr_prof wrote:

Starpause has both a unit and the source so time will tell. I want one too!

awesomesauce!!

San Francisco

I think first things first we need a proper gcw port. The gcw is really nice. I like mine a lot but development is still slow.

Some guy mailed my last week about sending me a unit for a port, to which I said yes. No news since then though.

San Francisco
Mdashdotdashn wrote:

Some guy mailed my last week about sending me a unit for a port, to which I said yes. No news since then though.

I am glad they finally got in contact!!! I told him about LGPT in their irc and asked Starpause to pass your info. They dood seemed excited about it though they are slow with communication i noticed as they are super busy still getting settled and units shipped.

I own a unit too and i got to say i really like the thing. it feels really solid and perfect for piggy. Hope this goes through.

best part... NO CLICKY SHOULDER BUTTONS!!!!!! those shoulders are psp quality in feel. ME GUSTA.

Last edited by wedanced (Dec 13, 2013 5:58 pm)

Minneapolis

I wanna pick up one too, it looks like a real treat.

Milwaukee, WI

Any updates?  Wondering if I should go a head and pick one up.

I'm still waiting for the guy to send me his. Hopefully this month.

San Francisco

any new words on the matter?

I'd love to hear more about this too. It runs Opendingux, so I assume it should work, but I can't find anything online to confirm.

Update: I checked the #mcw IRC room, and mth said it would have to be rebuilt but it shouldn't be too difficult.

Last edited by rjungemann (May 27, 2016 12:44 am)

Unsubscribe

Piggy is open source now so it should be pretty simple for those who know how! The irc should be a help getting a gcw toolchain going.

Urgh, this is as far as I can get for now. I posted instructions and how far I got in the description on this PR. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd love some input. https://github.com/rjungemann/LittleGPTracker/pull/1

Unsubscribe

Did you install that gcw tool chain that is not found?

Yeah, I installed the tool chain, added to my $PATH, and some of the intermediate .o files build. I confirmed that it is using the GCC provided by the toolchain.