Brunswick, GA USA

I'm sure a bunch went to Facebook groups like Chip=win but those aren't so easy to search. Such is life.

There are still plenty of resources and ways to socialize out there.

Madison, Alabama

https://www.reddit.com/r/chiptunes/ has over 18,000 subscribers. If you want a ghetto version of 8bc's top tracks, you can just sort top scoring links by the last week (or day, or month, or year). It's still not as vibrant a place as 8bc because people don't comment on tracks as much though.

West Yorks, UK

I rarely listened to track on 8BC (or uploaded them) and I have never done either here... Im talking more about the forums. Some valid and no doubt completely correct points have been raised answering my original question, and tbf I'd rather this community than 8BC, it just seems that the only people here are e.s.c, bleo, swimm, me, etc.  Continue inputting guys, Nordloef, screamo file, inb4...

Solar System

And why 8BC ended?

Michigan
Matej wrote:

And why 8BC ended?

https://chipflip.wordpress.com/2010/01/ … leepbloop/

Solar System

Ahh thats sad that He didnt pay money for that license to those 2 students from Europe. I think they will be happy and people too.
We need something what will connects all chipmusicians... Maybe with virtual reality in future. And some virtual club or festival where chipmusic will be... Or something like that.

IL, US
noisewaves wrote:
Matej wrote:

And why 8BC ended?

https://chipflip.wordpress.com/2010/01/ … leepbloop/

that's not why 8bc ended, the site continued for a while after that. that's just when a lot of us left and made this site

Solar System

Maybe youtube channel like "run the trap" or "big room house" but with chipmusic every week or at least every month for example one mix. Maybe it will helps... I think lot of people love chipmusic or compose it in trackers (c64 musicians or zx spectrum for example) but doesnt know about the 8bit scene... In US and Japan people know more about it. But here in EU only in few countries is scene strong... I think chiptunes/8bit music can attract more people. Not only underground sceners... But people needs know about it... Plus there was lot of people growning on NES, GAMEBOYS or SOUNDBLASTER 16... And they didnt know that there are new chiptunes... Not only those from games. 

Maybe official chipmusic.org youtube channel will helps... Put there "chipmusic.org - june 2016 mix" or something like that...

Last edited by Matej (Jun 28, 2016 10:23 pm)

Milwaukee, WI

I enjoyed 8bc while it lasted. Finding that forum sparked it all. But now I'm here, and I'm okay with that. I'll be faithful to you cm.o.

Brazil

OFF TOPIC NEVER 4GET

Austin, TX

I was on 8bc originally.  I only migrated over because I heard about this board at a house party.

New York City
Matej wrote:

We need something what will connects all chipmusicians... Maybe with virtual reality in future. And some virtual club or festival where chipmusic will be... Or something like that.

All of 8BC was clumped together into a ball and then shaped as Matej, who was later let loose in cm.o.

Last edited by akira^8GB (Jan 26, 2017 12:00 am)

Michigan

I was on 8bc before the fall and actually attempted to register at CMO. I think the registration email bounced so I was like, Fu~ guiz. Then one day 8bc was gone so I tried again.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ el ass dee j

forums, social networks, and communities rise and fall. people become less interested in things over time.

Planet Zaxxon

2017: chiptune will rise.

vancouver, canada

none of you guys know that 8bc is all on snapchat now?  get with the times peeps