Hi
I have a question about sound in Lsdj.
I' m using lsdj with a dmg game boy and sometimes i have probleme of crack.
For exemple I have two pulse track. If i heard each individualy there is no probleme of crack, but when i play the two track together there is often small crack.
I find that often crack comes when i change the lenght of the sound. I find a solution, it' s to use a table, don't use the general caracteristique of sound.
Do you know other factor who can influence and generate crack?

I have a probleme too with the level. When i want to modify the level of a sound there is often a crack. For a wav sound it never use the level number but i decrease the high of the curbe. But i don't find solution for pulse sound. If i use a table the probleme is the same.

I m sorry if there is already a post on this subject but i m french and my english level is not enouth to dive in the big bowl...

Thank you

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ el ass dee j

Usually cracks or pops are caused by changes in volume through E commands, kill commands, or stereo commands.

Just a fluke with the gameboy's system. Nothing wrong with your program.

England

using the volume column of tables also make clicks.

its not something you can avoid.

England

but to help - you can control when the clicks happen, so you can hide them under kicks or noise channel percussion, otherwise it really is just a quirk of the system.

listen to how clicky this track is http://jellica.bandcamp.com/track/staring-at-the-sun for an example.

Last edited by Jellica (Jul 11, 2016 4:53 pm)

Taichung, Taiwan

The super tedious way is to record each channel individually, remove the cracking in post production and combining all the channels together.

USA

I find it difficult to accept unwanted noises in any of the music I create.

Actually, I don't even like unwanted noises in my everyday life. Especially the high pitched sounds children make.

So instead of trying to control or edit out those noises I've been trying to cope with them and hopefully someday accept them.

One way go about reprogramming myself to not be bothered by unwanted noise is to wear a bracelet that makes chime noises during movement all day everyday. The bracelet I wear has something similar to finger cymbals on it that many people mistake the sound for the sound of animal tags or bells. I catch people all the time searching for the source of the sound. When they finally figure out the sound is coming from my bracelet I usually have to explain why I wear something so annoying.

I understand that telling you to try to accept unwanted noise does nothing to actually help alleviate your problem and I apologize if this didn't help you at all with your specific noise problem within LSDJ.

Czech Republic
SurfaceDragon wrote:

Hell yes!