Just post what music/songs plays while you work....

I am listening ‚Smoothradio‘ on the this webradio platform: http://live.audials.com/en/radio/smooth-london-1332751. Good relaxing music to get work stuff done ;-)

Brunswick, GA USA

Nothing. I'm a telephone operator.

England

various colleagues right wing opinions.

Unsubscribe

farts in a minor

bed
Jellica wrote:

various colleagues right wing opinions.

Haha +1 for this!

Been listening to the new Superbytes album a lot recently, and also the new Shirobon EP. Outside of this world, a lot of Nightwish and Epica smile

Brunswick, GA USA
chunter wrote:

Nothing. I'm a telephone operator.

To clarify, I must give the person on the other end of the phone my undivided attention.

Melbourne

Lots of prog, metal and IDM. Genesis when I need cheering up, Meshuggah or Textures when I'm angry, Autechre when I'm doing repetitive technical illustration work. Actually, IDM works really well for when I'm working in puredata as well..

[removed]

Last edited by Feryl (Feb 19, 2024 9:01 pm)

USA

My co-workers usually listen to Radio Paradise at my dayjob and I usually try to change it to something better when they're not paying attention. They're things I do like about Radio Paradise so I would recommend that you check it out but I don't really listen to it much outside of work.

I'm kind of an audiophile and lots of sounds irk me in ways other people will never understand.

It's usually difficult to find/make good stations on Pandora/IHeartRadio that everyone at my workplace can enjoy without it becoming too repetitive or too sporadic.

I use to play lots of Hendrix, Beatles, or Zeppelin but that's getting too repetitive. And if I choose something new or "cool" the the song selection usually becomes too sporadic. Like if you make a station for The Dø on IHeartRadio it plays one song by The Dø then a bunch of awful rock songs from the 90s-early2000s.

So I usually pick something like indie-dance or indie-pop. Pretty much music I think sexy girls/guys between the ages of 18-38 would be into that I might also find enjoyable.

My day job is at a costume shop that's open year round so I can sometimes get away with some wilder music because the shop is pretty wild.

I occasionally enjoy listening to some stuff like Chopin, Jascha Heifetz, Franz Liszt, Dr. Dre, Black Dahlia Murder, †††(Crosses), Odesza, The Antlers, Faunts, Foals, Animals as Leaders, Beacon, Chvrchs, Sia, Lykke Li, Phantogram, Purity Ring, Kavinsky, Sohn, Galantis, Portugal The Man, Chromatics, Cage the Elephant, Miami Horror, Little Dragon, Ladyhawke, The Griswolds, The Orwells, Cacophony, The 1975, Pink Floyd, Van She, Liquid Tension Experiment, The Black Keys, Miike Snow, The xx, Queen, Pantera, Warpaint, Silversun Pickups, Scale the Summit, Yeasayer, Zella Day, or 4mat amongst many others at work. If I listed everything I actually listen to I would be here all day, then all night, then all day again.

Today I was listening to a Tame Impala station I made on IHeartRadio and it was pretty good.

I've also listened to the entire Lost in Translation soundtrack at work and that was pretty good too.

Another album that I enjoyed at work was Salvage by MTNS. I really like the song Fears.

I avoid playing music that I personally created at work because I find it a little distracting and whenever I've done it I get into weird conversations with people about it.

Last edited by SurfaceDragon (Jul 14, 2016 6:59 am)

Boise, ID

I play a lot of Shlohmo and Smiletron at work. occasionally WMD or some Pogo. HOME is pretty good to work to, also

Last edited by ShintarouMusic (Jul 14, 2016 9:07 am)

Finland

At the moment: Black metal.

Usually: Whatever fits my mood. Fast music for concentrated working (yes i know that's contradictory), slow music for thinking.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ el ass dee j

https://soundcloud.com/isqa

Madison, Alabama

I've been listening to Justice today.

UK

All my work mates seem to want to listen to is this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJdMjRHRLfg which is Arnie saying down up down up