Chicago IL

so i wanted to see how this sounds on real hardware (just got a gba finally) and i cant figure out how to make it work. i guess thats it really. has anyone gotten it working before?

Milan, Italy

wich version of supercard do you have?

I have the MIniSD version..

To run Homebrew on my card i have to do this:
- Put the unpatched homebrew rom (nl23d.gba) in my SD card
- patch another gba game file (pokemanz.gba)
- rename the files "pokemanz.sci" and "pokemanz.sav" in "nl23d.sci" and "nl23d.sav"
- put them in the SD.

edit:
or if you dont care about savings (and this is your case since this demo cannot save) just put the original unpatched *.gba file in your SD and have fun.

I've just tried nl23d.gba on my miniSD Supercard and it works well. smile

Last edited by arottenbit (May 24, 2010 9:19 am)

NorthTtrrrway

same here with an EZ-Flash IV. copy paste on the miniSD and straight to use. All that of course after setting-up the flashcard which varies from cart to cart.

Milan, Italy

mmh.. i havent done any setting-up on my cart. smile

Let me know if with the Supercard SD is the same as mine..

Chicago IL
arottenbit wrote:

mmh.. i havent done any setting-up on my cart. smile

Let me know if with the Supercard SD is the same as mine..

i can't imagine they'd be any different besides what sd card size they take? trying your suggestion now.

Chicago IL

well shit that totally worked. i was doing the same thing you just said (cause of what you said in the M4G thread), but with patched versions of the rom. CASE CLOSED.

Milan, Italy
Saskrotch wrote:

cause of what you said in the M4G thread

eheh.. yeah i have copy-pasted the same thing that i've posted in that thread.

Yeah basically all the GBA Supercards are the same.. but they use different patch tools (if i remember well), so maybe something is different.

Glad it worked. smile

Chicago IL

do you know if the supercard takes like 500% more power to run? cause i just looked at the specs (for a different idea) and it says it should last 15 hours on 2xAA but mine gets about 3 hours tops.