Oregon

Just placed my order! Please abandon all your other responsibilities to work on this Oliver wink

Tacoma WA

ordered as well.  first time i've bought a new nanoloop cart.  always bought used ones that smelt of cat litter, horse vomit, and styrofoam.

Michigan
infradead wrote:

ordered as well.  first time i've bought a new nanoloop cart.  always bought used ones that smelt of cat litter, horse vomit, and styrofoam.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
infradead wrote:

Same.

Tacoma WA

anyone know how to sync a nanoloop cart with a modular synth? big_smile

Unsubscribe

There's a helpful schematic in the latest lsdj manual.

Melbourne

There's also a basic diagram on the nanoloop site. I think oliver also said that due to this version being mono, it can output a sync pulse on one channel of the audio out.. That'd be very handy for PO sync!

Actually, I wonder if it's possible, then, to put a sync pulse on the audio out *and* the link port, to use it as a master for two devices without a splitter..?

Last edited by pselodux (Jul 30, 2016 3:18 am)

sweden

I'm guessing that the GUI on the website is at this point just a mockup? Since it shows four channels?

Will nanoloop mono support panning? afaik the vin port is possible to pan in the same ways as the normal channels. Would be a great way to separate the synth and the drums for use with external effects.

yes, the actual gui has only s, c and n.
as the name implies, it's mono, same signal on both channels. you can choose to play it on one channel and use the other for sync pulses.

Tacoma WA
pselodux wrote:

There's also a basic diagram on the nanoloop site. I think oliver also said that due to this version being mono, it can output a sync pulse on one channel of the audio out.. That'd be very handy for PO sync!

Actually, I wonder if it's possible, then, to put a sync pulse on the audio out *and* the link port, to use it as a master for two devices without a splitter..?

i found out a bunch about syncing a gameboy with a modular from the nanoloop site and got a lot of good answers here http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/18843 … ge-levels/

sweden
oliver wrote:

yes, the actual gui has only s, c and n.
as the name implies, it's mono, same signal on both channels. you can choose to play it on one channel and use the other for sync pulses.

Ah! I was hoping the panning symbol in the mockup was actually gonna be used.

Melbourne

Panning would be great! I guess it's probably not possible without modification to the cart circuitry though?

VIN is only one channel. the 3 channels of nl mono are generated and mixed on the cart and go thru VIN. the gb sounds are not used. so you could only pan the entire mix, which would be pointless, except for the sync scenario where one channel is used for sync pulses.

Turku, FIN

I'd still like to get panning back on the nl2 tho wink

detuning the square waves gives nice pseudo-spatial effects.

Michigan

Panning? Sounds like you need two carts. wink