Just received GBC i bought some time ago. I know that GBC frontlights are far from perfect, but still what the hell happened here?
If you place direct light on top of the GBC and tilt it forward you can see faint picture otherwise you better take good guess. Is the light panel installed wrong way or wtf?

Taichung, Taiwan

The aftermarket kits that are available now only really work decently if you LOCA mod it as well.

If you need a good front light, you'll have to salvage an AGS-001 GBA SP.

Taichung, Taiwan

The only aftermarket front light kit that I heard worked sorta okay was the afterburner kits for the GBA, which I'm assuming you could make fit into a GBC. The afterburner kits have been long out of production though.

I have one GBA with afterburner, it's kinda usable. Ok in pitch dark. But they actually sold frontlight kits that you can't see anything thru? That pic is take Game Boy running.

Taichung, Taiwan

Factories and companies will make products as long as there are people out there that will buy them.

I know, still the pictures from this frontlight kit at least have some kind of picture on it big_smile

Poland, Gdansk

I think you have put the front light the wrong way.

Take the frontlight apart. Rotate the glass part front to back and put it back together into the silver part

PICTURE

Last edited by scannerboy (Aug 16, 2016 9:56 am)

I was thinking something like that too,just received it today so don't how it's put in place and is it even removable. Have to take it a part tonight.

It was put backwards smile Took it completely off now as the screen super awesome condition. Have to test if wormlights are usable in darker settings, if not have to loca fix it back.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ el ass dee j

Take a picture of the mainboard. Is this an HHL or other frontlight?