Hey guys I found out that they are selling brand new
DMG's.  They come directly from China for 22$

The sad part is now you have to figure out which ones are fakes
From the ones you own because they look identical down to the Nintendo logo
I need to open it up to further inspect it tho

Sweeeeeeden

Link?

I doubt the innards are fake, unless they are obviously using something that looks like a new LCD. Rather, I would guess that they are repro cases with refurbished/reused electronics.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ el ass dee j
nitro2k01 wrote:

Link?

Sorry for the delay.

Mine came in today. Your right it looks refurbished.  Also I noticed the seller raised the price
The one I bought was 22$
http://s.aliexpress.com/2Ifaqi63

Also side note. I don't know if you guys have ever bought from aliexpress, but you can haggle the seller if you buy in bulk or just asking or mentioning that someone bought one for cheaper and they do drop the price. It's like a flea market (swap meet) and eBay combined. Also ask if they have one with out the Pokemon logo. It looks ugly.

Hi!
Thanks for the link.
So, did you open it? Is it indeed refurbished?

yeah they took the guts of an older gameboy and gave it a new case and buttons, two gripes about it though
1.) there are two vertical lines dead on the right side, fixed it no biggie
2.) the battery had a little rust on it.

apart from that the condition is pretty pristine and for the price it was worth it.

I contacted the seller to tell them I was planning on buying 1 or 2 units and ask if they had them without the pokemon lens and if he could sell them for $22.
He responded "sorry ,the game boy Account for the out of stock", which I'm not sure how I should interpret. The listing is still up...

Honestly I don't know, it's odd that it is out of stock considering that it says they have only sold 3
And the price went up to 35$ now. I should of scooped up a few when I had the chance

Last edited by BryDesu (Aug 17, 2016 9:52 am)

Bratislava, Slovakia

I got some luck in getting almost new 2nd hand DMG-01s at slovak/czech bazaar entitled bazos.sk. Yellow and transparent DMG-01 i purchased for 20 eur was probably never used, it looks like brand-new, so instead of looking at suspicious shops look for bazaars in your country, you can also have some luck in finding almost new/probably never used, maybe only a few times.

Last edited by martin_demsky (Aug 17, 2016 9:59 am)

martin_demsky wrote:

I got some luck in getting almost new 2nd hand DMG-01s at slovak/czech bazaar entitled bazos.sk. Yellow and transparent DMG-01 i purchased for 20 eur was probably never used, it looks like brand-new, so instead of looking at suspicious shops look for bazaars in your country, you can also have some luck in finding almost new/probably never used, maybe only a few times.

I'd love to do that, unfortunately I'm not aware of such online stores in my country (France) where the prices are not the double of what you got.

France

@ArtyBoomshaka: on French garage sales ("vides-grenier") you can find gameboys for a cheap price, I found one for 3 € wink
You can find some in leboncoin or in real second hand shop like cash express / cash converter, for between 20 and 40 € (mostly around 30 €)

@garvalf, That used to be true. 
I haven't found anything at garage sales in ages (and I've actually been to a lot last summer, a couple this year) and when I do find some they're specialized sellers who overprice their stuff. 
Last time I checked leboncoin it was exclusively listings for huge lots priced at low prices but the actual prices in the description are through the roof (probably professionals, too). 
Lastly, there's 2 second hand shops at a walking distance from my place, I went back there for the first time in 3-4 years several months ago and they just didn't have anything vaguely retro anymore. 
All those realizations happened roughly at the same time which gave me the impression (maybe erroneously) that the days of cheap retro consoles are actually over...

France

yeah, sadly the prices have much increased the last few years sad
A friend of mine got an Amiga 1200 in very good shape for 50 € some 8 or 10 years ago. Now for the same stuff it would be around 150-200 € I guess (or even more). Recently I saw someone on leboncoin who tried to sell an Amstrad 6128 for 150 €! You just have to be patient or try ebay.

Fun fact for the 3€ DMG gameboy (which is almost like new), the week before, as I couldn't find anything at garage sales, I bought on leboncoin 1 DMG + 1 gameboy color for 35 € (but I don't regret it)

This year I got a nintendo DS (like new) for 15 €, a megadrive 1 for 35 € and a nintendo NES for 30 €

Last edited by garvalf (Aug 18, 2016 10:12 am)

Yeah, I have a set of alerts on ebay, got me a gold game boy light for 87€, including shipping thanks to those.
But such deals are few and far between, sadly.

Last edited by ArtyBoomshaka (Aug 18, 2016 10:52 am)