United Kingdom

Hey chipheads

Was fitting in my white backlight PCB onto one of my old gameboys as I thought to give Dual LSDJ  a try. While fitting it together the screen began to glitch, at first I thought it was glitching due to poor soldering that I may have done till i realised the tip of my finger was contacting one pin on the PCB.

This Pin when I made contact with it made the screen glitch about and sometimes reset the gameboy (made the nintendo Logo/Block scroll down again followed with the 'BLING' sound).

Was wondering what does this pin actually control? It's on the bottom PCB nxt to the Serial pin connector (the white rectangle thing that the front PCB connects too), Anyone got any ideas?

Then after messing around with it for a while I put my LSDJ cartridge into the gameboy and carried on messing with this pin but it ended up crashing my cartridge but no damage was done to the SRAM.

Anyone got any ideas or perhaps clues what this pin does?

I just though of posting this because I have never come across this type of problem before.

http://vimeo.com/12089926

Chicago IL

it sounds like the pin fucks shit up when you touch it. that it's main function i bet.

Milwaukee, WI

I was glitching out video pins a while ago, made some sparks too..  Bad idea as after wards the right and up buttons did not work.  sad

United Kingdom

Cheers for the responces guys smile think i might chuck a new bottom PCB on it tomorrow and hopefully it will clear the problem tongue

it seems like if you masturbate your gameboy big_smile
*sorry*

Milan, Italy
Saskrotch wrote:

it sounds like the pin fucks shit up when you touch it. that it's main function i bet.

AHAHAH big_smile

Theta_Frost wrote:

I was glitching out video pins a while ago, made some sparks too..  Bad idea as after wards the right and up buttons did not work.  sad

thats cos you back fed the -40v LCD power line (pin 3 of the white ribbon connector) straight into the CPU control lines (most likely pin 4 of the white connector) from what i have seen this is the only permenent way to accdentally break a gameboy, normally they are quite hardcore