Los Angeles

"This computer does not use a SID 6581 music chip at all! This program was designed, tested, and refined on a real life fully working stock Commodore PET 4032 computer, and the sound is heard coming out of the built-in piezoelectric on the PET 4032 . It does not involve hacking the computer in any way, or adding any extra sound cards. It does not involve taking sound from the tape port. It also does not implement a DAC to create sounds. "

DEMO TUNE: http://petsynth.org/music/petsynth_demo_1.mp3

Italy

wow! The pet is still one of the cooles designed vintage pcs imho! Sounds really harsh and gritty, in a positive way though. Those who have a PET are really lucky, because they hard to find and really expensive...
anyway, great project!

Minneapolis

Wow, this is impressive. The PET is a cool system, and synth work with it is something of a rarity. In fact, the whole computer is a rarity. But it sounds neat. Technically, this is pretty sweet how they did it, since they basically are just rising the built in speaker, which is quite a limitation, I might add.

god I love the sounds coming out of this machine, I am tempted to get myself one now...

Waooow ! Terrible sound ! Awesome !

Milwaukee, WI

Saw this a while back, pretty cool!  I'd love to see someone use this in some music.

CHIPTUNE

reverb sad

New York City

Is this 1 bit?
shit sounds pretty sick.

York, Yorkshire

Wow...that sounds miles better than I expected!

CHIPTUNE

if it's piezoelectric i suppose it's analogue...?

I just heard this and it's killer.

ad-hell-aide

Sounds great!

Sweeeeeeden
goto80 wrote:

if it's piezoelectric i suppose it's analogue...?

Au contraire, mon ami! Most probably you only have access to a register to set the voltage to the piezo to high or low.

This kind of stuff reminds of Mr Beep's ZX Spectrum stuff.

a commodore pet is a must have in your living room!

I've seen a few of these on some auction sites, but didn't know they could also make sound big_smile
usually they go for a price way over my budget...