mine is all the Excellent and Indestructible friendships that i will carry with me until Death and my other fravourite thing is getting to immerse myself in The Most Beautiful User Experience Ever Created, Schism Tracker

H. B. U.?

Working within some really tight limitations but still having the scope to create an infinite number of possibilities.

Finland

There's a very distinct feeling in my chest when I make something that sounds really soaring and cute, in a way. I have no better words for it than "cute" so you know, basically just something that makes you feel like you're crazy in love with someone or something like that.

That warmth.. Wow, best thing in the WORLD. So that's my favorite thing about producing chiptune definitely.

Bonus: The scene is really cool with like DIY electronics and this very punk-ish vibe sometimes. I adore that. smile

Atlanta, GA

I love that what I do takes up less space than a card table unless I bring out a keyboard, it lets me do my thing wherever there are outlets and speakers big_smile

Brunswick, GA USA

What i like most is also what I like least: I can make whatever I want with whatever I want and still have a family life. I usually am in the corner of the living room and have the television on.

Melbourne

Some of my favourite people in the world are chip musicians. Regardless of my problems fitting in style-wise, every single person I've met through the chip scene is awesome. The only problem is that I only get to see some of them at most once a year. Gotta get travelling more often!

NoyzBotChip wrote:

I love that what I do takes up less space than a card table unless I bring out a keyboard, it lets me do my thing wherever there are outlets and speakers big_smile

Yeah this. None of my non-chiptune electronic producer friends understand my obsession with miniaturisation.

São Paulo, Brazil

my chip friends in São Paulo, Belo Horizonte, Brasilia, Berlin, NYC, Edinburgh and Kyoto. Limiting my creativity on a few channels, raw samples and basic waveforms. Listening to aanaaanaaanaaana releases.

Joliette, QC, Canada

I was about to talk about the scene but we are talking about music production so my answer will be different ! tongue
In one word:
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRPS !!!!!!!! wink
But for real I just love the mechanism of trackers and thanks to the software we are able to pull some really big stuff on something that was considered lame back in the days (YM2149 got it with bad back in the days with these Paula addicts !)

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ el ass dee j

When my gameboys work.

Melbourne

Oh yeah, production-wise.. nanoloop. One of the most inspiring things I've used for making electronic music.

Oliver is a champion.

dear chubby middle aged guy with the 70s mustache and the cute baby who was wearing a BRK tshirt in ikea today, you are my favourite thing about producing chiptune

Italy

trying to find every time something to make the song sound better! ( it's very rewarding when finally some twisted  trick actually works XD)

São Paulo, Brazil
sandneil wrote:

dear chubby middle aged guy with the 70s mustache and the cute baby who was wearing a BRK tshirt in ikea today, you are my favourite thing about producing chiptune

can´t beat that.

California

I love how portable the project files are and how a lotta people are pretty open with sharing them. it's a lot of fun to trade mods/lsdsngs/etc and really learn how other people get their sounds to improve your own technique, all from self-contained files smaller than an mp3.

VCMG wrote:

I love how portable the project files are and how a lotta people are pretty open with sharing them. it's a lot of fun to trade mods/lsdsngs/etc and really learn how other people get their sounds to improve your own technique, all from self-contained files smaller than an mp3.

which also makes doing collabs really easy and fun!

also i love how inexpensive it is and how you dont have to worry about getting the latest versions for compatibility or anything because everything is out of date and incompatible anyway