From the site, thecreatorsproject.com:

The Creators Project is a new network dedicated to the celebration of creativity and culture across media, and around the world. At a time in the history of the arts where digital technologies have revolutionized distribution, democratized access, and completely re-imagined the scope and scale with which an artist can create a vision and reach an audience, The Creators Project is a completely new kind of arts and culture channel for a completely new kind of world.

The Creators Project has two mandates: on one hand it’s a modern day media channel that we will continually identify and celebrate the work of visionary artists wherever they are. On the other hand it is also a content creation studio, an arts foundation of sorts that will facilitate the production and dissemination of new work with these artists and their collaborators.

Anyway, here's a link to Sulumi's video: http://thecreatorsproject.com/creators/sulumi

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

groovy

Unsubscribe

Awesome video.. but man the bootup sound is TERRIFYING in headphones.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
herr_prof wrote:

Awesome video.. but man the bootup sound is TERRIFYING in headphones.

as are most chip related boot up sounds. smile

herr_prof wrote:

...bootup sound is TERRIFYING in headphones.

hahaha

New York City

Sulumi says many wise things that a lot of people of the online cheaptoon community should listen to closely.
I really liked this interview and I am sad I didn't get to talk much more with him at Blip 2008. There will be a chance to catch up some day smile

Philly

Bump because Sulumi's set at Blip almost brought me to tears.

Central-ish VA

Thanks for bumping this Ro-Bear, I'd have hated to miss it, this interview is simply excellent.  Sulumi at the very end there said something that I feel is so (almost chillingly) wise that it really ought to be repeated throughout the chipmusic scene.

"Before starting, think about what you enjoy the most.  Why do you want to make music?  What kind of music do you want to make?  After making music for four or five years, then we'll talk."

New York City

Just my thoughts when I said this interview should be listened, Beverage.

Last edited by akira^8GB (May 26, 2010 8:23 pm)

Madison, WI

Awesome!  I want to know how he isolated his channels in nl... guess he wrote a track in song mode, muted three and played one through?

I wish there was an effective way to do this while improvising in live mode.

Rice Lake, WI
nonfinite wrote:

Awesome!  I want to know how he isolated his channels in nl... guess he wrote a track in song mode, muted three and played one through?

I wish there was an effective way to do this while improvising in live mode.

First off that was wonderfully awesome!!!

@ nonfinite there are a number of ways to isolate your channels in nl 1.X versions you could have a stop note in one of your pattern banks or you could try this http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/1082/ … e-effects/  and in 2.3 you can use a+b+right to solo a channel in the pattern banks smile

Madison, WI

Thanks Dice!  Sadly neither of those will do what I need, I require some way of monitoring my other channels while recording just one, or perhaps two split between L and R at the same time.  I have about thirty minutes of material spread over 7 or 8 banks that needs to be done live, no other way about it.  I can't queue up/mess with/solo/mute patterns accurately without the other channels present to tell me when it's time to make essential changes.

Looks like my best option is to record it all at once and separate into different channels based on frequency range, then apply EQ and FX to those individually, but I'm not looking forward to it.

New York City
nonfinite wrote:

Thanks Dice!  Sadly neither of those will do what I need, I require some way of monitoring my other channels while recording just one, or perhaps two split between L and R at the same time.  I have about thirty minutes of material spread over 7 or 8 banks that needs to be done live, no other way about it.  I can't queue up/mess with/solo/mute patterns accurately without the other channels present to tell me when it's time to make essential changes.

Looks like my best option is to record it all at once and separate into different channels based on frequency range, then apply EQ and FX to those individually, but I'm not looking forward to it.

You could use LSDJ you know smile

Madison, WI

Fuck me, I've got it!  I can pan one channel left and the remaining three right.

brighton, uk
nonfinite wrote:

good luck on that one

So awesome. I love how this video makes Chip music seem so magical.