Venezuela

Hi, wonder if anyone has this item
http://gameboyphoto.bigcartel.com/product/bitboy

And wonder how well works?

Salt Lake City, UT

Sorry, only mildly related... but I had this big idea for shooting a music video on GB Camera and realized it was going to be a huge amount of effort to work with so few frames at a time... So I gave up on using the hardware and got the Retroboy camera app for Android. It looks exactly the same and records longer videos without the fuss. If you're trying to do something similar, it might be a better way to go.

IL, US
toasterpastries wrote:

Sorry, only mildly related... but I had this big idea for shooting a music video on GB Camera and realized it was going to be a huge amount of effort to work with so few frames at a time... So I gave up on using the hardware and got the Retroboy camera app for Android. It looks exactly the same and records longer videos without the fuss. If you're trying to do something similar, it might be a better way to go.

you can use a game boy camera either with the super game boy or the game cube game boy adapter and record the video output in real time

Salt Lake City, UT
e.s.c. wrote:

you can use a game boy camera either with the super game boy or the game cube game boy adapter and record the video output in real time

I have used my SGB before, but I was on a mission to shoot in the great outdoors.

Venezuela

I already have the GB transfer II, but i was wondering ig anyone in here have that hardware and if worth the money.

Melbourne

BennVenn's joey joebags reader writer thing supports GB Camera, and is less than half the price:
http://bennvenn.myshopify.com/collectio … riter-gen2

Transferers and the likes do not serve the same purpose as this device.

It is for backing up gameboy photos on the go. No need for a computer or anything at that point. Think of a travel or something where you might not have your computer with you.

BennVenn's could be an option if you have a Android phone below 6.0.1. I was able to use the joey joebag (with some older firmware [pre-python]) with my android phone until i updated my phone to that version. Atm i am not able to transfer anything to the joey joebag anymore because of that update.

I'd be interested in hearing of experiences with BitBoy too.

I have one, it does work wonders.
I retrieved 10+ years old pictures with it, among which my very first selfie. 
It's expensive but it does exactly what it says very well.

Sweeeeeeden

While not a commercial product, this thing made by a certain fur ball from France may interest you.

http://furrtek.free.fr/?a=gbcc

Naptown

Does anyone know how to extract the image of the user's face for the custom DJ images in Trippy H? Do these devices copy that image as well or only the ones saved to the album?

Venezuela
zemzelett wrote:

BennVenn's could be an option if you have a Android phone below 6.0.1. I was able to use the joey joebag (with some older firmware [pre-python]) with my android phone until i updated my phone to that version. Atm i am not able to transfer anything to the joey joebag anymore because of that update.

Sounds like BennVenn is a better option for what im looking for. Also is because is not just for GB Camera. The other one looks portable which is AWSOME, but is just for GB Camera, right?

@nitro2k01, awesome!!! but looks like out of my knowledge! XD

ui wrote:

Sounds like BennVenn is a better option for what im looking for. Also is because is not just for GB Camera. The other one looks portable which is AWSOME, but is just for GB Camera, right?

Yes, the BitBoy is just for GB Camera.

Using BennVenn's Joey Joebag you have a more versatile tool at your hand being able to get save files etc. And it's much cheaper. But you have to be aware of the fact, that it also means more work for you to get those pictures of the camera save file then. Sure, there are tools available, but it's an extra x steps to get the pictures.

With what i said: Keep the android version in mind. This is really an issue. I don't know if or when this will be solved or if it can be solved for the Joey Joebags. I don't know if it is a problem with the software on my smartphone or the Joey Joebags hardware (or its firmware respectively). For Android the problem is clearly its newly introduced Storage Access Framework. This is causing me trouble to read data from or write data to the Joey Joebags. Make sure, your Android version does not have SAF. (It came to my phone with Android 6.0.1)

Venezuela
zemzelett wrote:
ui wrote:

Using BennVenn's Joey Joebag you have a more versatile tool at your hand being able to get save files etc. And it's much cheaper. But you have to be aware of the fact, that it also means more work for you to get those pictures of the camera save file then. Sure, there are tools available, but it's an extra x steps to get the pictures.

With what i said: Keep the android version in mind. This is really an issue. I don't know if or when this will be solved or if it can be solved for the Joey Joebags. I don't know if it is a problem with the software on my smartphone or the Joey Joebags hardware (or its firmware respectively). For Android the problem is clearly its newly introduced Storage Access Framework. This is causing me trouble to read data from or write data to the Joey Joebags. Make sure, your Android version does not have SAF. (It came to my phone with Android 6.0.1)

What you mean? the hardware is connected to the Phone instead of the computer?

Venezuela
zemzelett wrote:
ui wrote:

What you mean? the hardware is connected to the Phone instead of the computer?

Glasgow, Scotland.

I have one. It's expensive, but I like it. Makes the whole process much simpler.

zemzelett wrote:

I though the joey had the ability to 'stream' pictures out of a gb camera.
Have you tested it?