Hello , beautiful people of the forum , last time I made a post got lots of valuable feedback , which helped me a lot , but  another day , another question . Recently , I finished , modding my DMG Gameboy , and right now I want to start creating music with it , and I was thinking a lot what cartridges to buy for it , the one that Nonoloop is selling (Nanoloop II) , for 69.00 € sounded appealing , but it is a little bit expensive , for something that would not be compatible with my other Gameboy (Gameboy Color) , plus I wanted to start with LSDJ , the only option for that that I found was the USB 64m smart card that is available at Kitsch-Bent for $42.00 and they can pre-install LSDJ for you , plus as far as I know it has enough space for 2 other roms , and this is probably the cart that I'll get . But knowing how much experience you guys have here , I was wondering , maybe you know other brands of cartridges for lower price , or other/better alternatives , that can run LSDJ (I've heard that Drag n' Derp are good as well) . Thanks in advance , and have a nice day !!!

P.S. Thanks to the editor , that edited my last post (I had a struggle with posting the pictures) .

East Coast USA

Nanoloop is the only program I use for my Gameboys, highly recomended! That said, Nanoloop 2 is only for GBA and DS. You want Nanoloop 1 if you're running a DMG.

São Paulo, Brazil

Get the EMS, it is good and it is cheaper.

Taichung, Taiwan

My 2 cents.

If money is no option, Drag n Derp.

If you're cool with fiddling around with Windows XP/7 OS or on a virtual machine, EMS carts are a great budget option.

Any flash carts that do come with batteries, I suggest giving it a quick test on the multimeter to see if the battery is still holding a good charge, otherwise, spend the $2 and toss in a fresh coin-battery into it.

Dolby-Z wrote:

Nanoloop is the only program I use for my Gameboys, highly recomended! That said, Nanoloop 2 is only for GBA and DS. You want Nanoloop 1 if you're running a DMG.

Do you know where to get one and what would be the price , because on nanoloop website they are out of stock . (BTW I was talking about Nanoloop Mono ,not Nanoloop 2,sorry about that )

Last edited by Betar (Sep 24, 2016 8:45 am)

France

There is a similar thread if you want to look for other opinions: http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/18816 … smart-card

I think the EMS is "enough", it works well, and besides, there is a fresh new application (multi os, windows, linux, mac os x) which seems to be very handy so no need for a virtual machine:
http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/19036 … x-windows/ (I haven't tried it yet though)

Side note: the EMS can hold 2 roms, but only one sav. So if you put for example LSDj and Zelda on the cart, you will lose your lsdj songs if you save in Zelda.

No two lsdj roms as well.

Abandoned on Fire

If multiple ROMs and SAVs are important then Bennvenn's SD carts are my recommendation: http://bennvenn.myshopify.com/collectio … -cart-v1-8

If you are only concerned with lsdj then Drag'n'Derp all the way. Simplest and securest by far.

Drag n derp can do multiple savs with LittleFM

egr wrote:

If multiple ROMs and SAVs are important then Bennvenn's SD carts are my recommendation: http://bennvenn.myshopify.com/collectio … -cart-v1-8

If you are only concerned with lsdj then Drag'n'Derp all the way. Simplest and securest by far.

I checked it out , and it seems nice , but can you please tell me what's the difference between Bennvenn cart and USB 64m smart card , and if it is better .

Abandoned on Fire
Betar wrote:
egr wrote:

I checked it out , and it seems nice , but can you please tell me what's the difference between Bennvenn cart and USB 64m smart card , and if it is better .

The ems can hold 2 roms and 1 sav. It also uses special software to load/save data that may or may not work well with your computer.
The bennvenn cart has a micro SD card slot. You could literally load the entire gameboy rom library, all the sav files you could ever want, and still have lots of room left over on a good sized micro SD. I have one and its very nice!

egr wrote:
Betar wrote:

The ems can hold 2 roms and 1 sav. It also uses special software to load/save data that may or may not work well with your computer.
The bennvenn cart has a micro SD card slot. You could literally load the entire gameboy rom library, all the sav files you could ever want, and still have lots of room left over on a good sized micro SD. I have one and its very nice!

Crazy... and they cost the same. Thank you a lot , for enlightening me , on that topic , will definitely buy the Bennvenn  cart . Thanks a lot !!! Once again got shown what an amazing community this is .