Michigan

discuss

Atlanta, GA

can i make music on it?

nowhere in particular
Ninten Kwon Do wrote:

can i make music on it?

Probably, at some point.

DS and 3DS had some music software. Even the Wii U did.

where's the d-pad?

Michigan
oliver wrote:

where's the d-pad?

The D pad is replaced by four directional circle buttons. This is so that two players share the same experience when using the each of half of the controller. The pro controller still has a d pad of course.

Four directional circle buttons? From the inventor of the d-pad?

Sweeeeeeden
oliver wrote:

Maybe they consulted Apple.

nowhere in particular
nitro2k01 wrote:
oliver wrote:

Maybe they consulted Apple.

Nah, it's got a headphone jack.

Finland

Looks potentially to be a pretty sweet deal if one can take proper care of it and not misplace parts of it.
But this is unleashed to the same mankind that managed to put the wii-mote through a flat-screen, managed to crush the Dreamcast VMU in their back-pocket and recently darted into the wall wearing a VR headset.

It's gonna be disaster, isn't it?

But that aside. It looks ok. smile Not sure if I'd get one personally, really depends on the games. I'm not a big spender for Nintendo's consoles, except the Game Boy.

Lawrenceville, GA

The real question is should this be in the "handhelds" section?  Nintendo, stop defying categorization!

RushJet1 wrote:

The real question is should this be in the "handhelds" section?  Nintendo, stop defying categorization!

They're calling this a "portable console". Maybe the fact that there are controllers that connect to the thing (albeit wirelessly) make them say this is a console.

Bratislava, Slovakia
El Huesudo II wrote:
RushJet1 wrote:

They're calling this a "portable console". Maybe the fact that there are controllers that connect to the thing (albeit wirelessly) make them say this is a console.

http://www.brloh.sk/hra_3ds_nintendo_switch in my country Slovakia it is priced at 300 eur, not bad, i've composed some 3DS gamemusic for my old fellows from Amiga scene (Cypronia team) and they are already developing new title smile

So portable console can be also mobile, i have purchased hw controller Madcatz C.T.R.L for my Lenovo A7000 and it is really great, maybe the best, have played Asphalt, all emulators detect it and can be configured, highly recommended!

IL, US
oliver wrote:

they sort of did the directional circle button thing on the N64 controller already, but thankfully most games didn't use them that way since there was already a normal d-pad and analog stick

Tennessee
e.s.c. wrote:
oliver wrote:

they sort of did the directional circle button thing on the N64 controller already, but thankfully most games didn't use them that way since there was already a normal d-pad and analog stick

wasn't it a option in most games that u can use the 4 yellow circle buttons or the joy stick?

Earth
frank angotti is dead wrote:
e.s.c. wrote:

wasn't it a option in most games that u can use the 4 yellow circle buttons or the joy stick?

The yellow directional buttons were mostly used for controlling the camera, or launching secondary weapons. The d pad and analog stick were for direction.

cali

needs LSDJ.

with 16 tracks.