I'm trying to back up my nanoloop 2 banks and am running into some problems. For context I am running the latest windows8 version.

I own the green usb adapter that matches the shape of the one in the webpage diagram and have attempted to use three different link cables in every possible which way round I can think of. The beta webpage could not recognise the adapter at any point. Also since the adapter is a thin pcb it doesnt sit snugly in the usb port its kind of loose which may be an issue.

Chrome has access to all midi devices and it says it has access on the webpage.

I have also attempted to run the midi.exe file to backup banks (run as admin) and it opens a window and then immediately closes. How could I resolve this?

Thanks for your help.

Melbourne

I couldn't get it to run in Chrome, but the exe version worked on my Vista laptop (I think; may have been my XP laptop, can't remember).
You need to run the exe file from a command prompt window. I'm not sure how you launch that in Win8 though.

Atlanta, GA
pselodux wrote:

You need to run the exe file from a command prompt window. I'm not sure how you launch that in Win8 though.

win+x hit "c" for console or "a" for admin console. type (with quotes) the following

cd "x:\path\to your\nlmidi\"

and run the commands from there

Tried running the commas prompt, it can find the program BUT it says no I put devices found?

I've wedged some paper behind the adapter so it fits in the port better and it still isn't working?
Wondering whether it's a win8 midi problem or whether the adapter is duff since it's an older one

The green adaptor is the very early non-MIDI version, it doesn't work with the nlmidi / web software. Please contact [email protected] for legacy software or send me the adaptor to get it updated to the MIDI version.

just emailed you Oliver thanks!

I'm bumping this again as I bought the new one and I have literally no idea what to do with it.. the end that goes into my computer is now completly tiny and looks nothing like the diagram on the site... do i need a usb cable to attach to that end or can it just go straight into the pc usb port? I am very confused particularly since its completely different to the images on the site hmm