Poland, Gdansk

Hey, unfortunately I dont have anymore units left sad If it would get enough interest I could make a new batch. Send me those PMs!

PS: I posted the sources HERE so you can always try to make one yourself smile

Last edited by scannerboy (Jul 18, 2016 5:31 pm)

scannerboy wrote:

https://instagram.com/p/z8LLU-RzvQ/

Hey, I just want you guys to know that the adapters are ready to go ;)

It fits into the user port

The adapter lets defmon output:
-LSDJ sync signal
-nanoloop sync signal
-midi clock
-din sync
-clock signal with adjustable resolution from 24ppqn to 2ppqn for Korg Volcas, TE Pocket Operators, Arturia Microbrute, MI Anushri etc

It should also work with Prophet64

Price with worldwide postage: 36EUR

I will post the sources in about a week if anybody is interested

where are i can buy this adapter?i can paid with paypal or bank transfer?many thanks,best regards

I added a little section on the defMON wiki about the little known "Super Command" mode of defMON:
http://toolsforscholars.com/defmon/doku.php?id=start

It is very brief, but it may at least give a little hint about how the Super Command mode works.

CHIPTUNE

Please note that people who use Super Commands have been denied entrance.

Horsetralia

Someone should add DUBCRT to the creations page - since there would be no DUBCRT without defMON smile

I added DUBCRT now!

Can not navigate in the defMON site.. need the bpm calculator. Please help!

Yes, something happened with the wiki last night when I updated the wiki software. Unfortunately I have no time to fix that right now, but in the meantime, the direct link to the BPM calculator is:

http://toolsforscholars.com/defmon/bpm.html

Thank you!!!

Hi, I want to buy a Defmon sync adapter if anyone wants to sell theirs. Please PM me.

clickclack777 wrote:

Hi, I want to buy a Defmon sync adapter if anyone wants to sell theirs. Please PM me.

I don't have one to sell unfortunately, but just wanted to make sure that you've seen the following:

scannerboy wrote:

Hey, unfortunately I dont have anymore units left sad If it would get enough interest I could make a new batch. Send me those PMs!

Would be nice if enough interest for a new batch was generated. smile

By the way: I think I fixed the defMON wiki to work as it should again.

//FTC

frantic wrote:
clickclack777 wrote:

I don't have one to sell unfortunately, but just wanted to make sure that you've seen the following:

scannerboy wrote:

Would be nice if enough interest for a new batch was generated. smile

By the way: I think I fixed the defMON wiki to work as it should again.

//FTC

Thanks, Frantic. Yes, I´ve stalked scannerboy the last couple of days to make me one smile since I missed the first batch. I just discovered DEFmon and I´m becoming a junkie. I´ve had a SIDStation for more than 14 years but DEFmon opened a new SID wormhole for me.

Any chance that DEFmon could support ASID in a future release so I can sequence the SIDStation through USB > MIDI from VICE running DEFmon on OSX? Thanks for amazing job so far.

Last edited by clickclack777 (Feb 28, 2017 12:00 am)

clickclack777 wrote:

Any chance that DEFmon could support ASID in a future release so I can sequence the SIDStation through USB > MIDI from VICE running DEFmon on OSX? Thanks for amazing job so far.

Not really, I'm afraid. Furthermore, the version of the sync interface that has been released is precisely just a sync interface, and does not send the full set of midi messages. Only the midi sync message (and probably start/stop too I think — can't remember the details right now). Maybe I misunderstand the question. I'm not really familiar with ASID.

I suppose you could convert your finished defMON (not DEFmon wink ) tune to the common sid file format that is used in the HVSIDS collection and play it on your SIDStation the way you would play sids from the HVSIDS collection. Not sure how well it would work.

Last edited by frantic (Feb 28, 2017 3:56 pm)

frantic wrote:
clickclack777 wrote:

Not really, I'm afraid. Furthermore, the version of the sync interface that has been released is precisely just a sync interface, and does not send the full set of midi messages. Only the midi sync message (and probably start/stop too I think — can't remember the details right now). Maybe I misunderstand the question. I'm not really familiar with ASID.

I suppose you could convert your finished defMON (not DEFmon wink ) tune to the common sid file format that is used in the HVSIDS collection and play it on your SIDStation the way you would play sids from the HVSIDS collection. Not sure how well it would work.

Alright, if its only sync then there is no purpose. Thought it transmitted midi messages as well. Good idea with the sid export. That would work.

Still interested in a Sync adapter if anyone is selling theirs.

Would one of these work to sync defMON through MIDI?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/322417562931? … EBIDX%3AIT

Not at the moment, but it is not entirely impossible that it might some day. It wouldn't be an awful lot of work to make defMON work with an interface like that (if I'd only find the time). I'm not making promises though.

What you're linking to is a standard MIDI interface for the C64 and they are quite straightforward to use from a coder's point of view. There is a whole family of MIDI interfaces for the cartridge port that all more or less work the same way. You can see a list of those interfaces here, and the DATEL one is included there:
https://codebase64.org/doku.php?id=base … interfaces

Just a few years ago there was also a MIDI cart called something like Kerberos MIDI developed, but it is now sold out. That one was also similar to the midi cartridges listed on that codebase page if I remember correctly. Not 100% sure though as I never really looked into that one.

The only "problem" is that in these days most people use something like a 1541 Ultimate cartridge or similar that occupies the cartridge port, so from that point of view using the cartridge port for MIDI connectivity isn't really desirable. This is also the main reason for making that defMON sync interface for the user port instead, since that one is not used by other hardware on most people's C64 setups.

There are also other benefits of having a cartridge like Action Replay, Final Cartridge or Retro Replay in the cartridge port (which is what you would have if you've got a 1541U2 sitting in the cartridge port). For example, defMON makes use of the built in fastload/save routines in these cartridges if they are present. That makes loading/saving tunes a whole lot faster.

Personally I'd much rather see new batches of Scannerboy's sync interface. That one was affordable as well.

Last edited by frantic (Mar 6, 2017 7:35 am)