http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Backlit-Nint … 426866510?

Hey guys just paid 120$ AUD For this
and im thinking it may be a fake i hope not but if you guys could clarify
i would be uber appreciative

I Believe There Using An Aftermarket Shell It Looks To Clean

Last edited by CybaPunk (Dec 26, 2016 2:22 pm)

Tennessee

I'm not sure if they're fake but they have definitely been put in new housings..I personally wouldn't buy a  backlight GBA with out any photos of the screen actually turned on, thats about the only "funny part" I find about this.

I've noticed the past few months a lot of eBay sellers have been refurbishing DMG's so I'd imagine it'd be the same with GBA's.
I think your fine tho but on the other hand like I said theres no proof of backlight (or how good it even looks) so its a guessing game till you get it or message the seller personally.

Exactly what i was thinking definately new housing but im not too worried due to ebay buyer protection when it gets here and ill turn it on without a game in it and it boots preinstall games ill know i have a fake

Do you think the cost is the normal cost for a backlit gba

Also if you note the page they "Advertise" GBC Support so most knockoffs
wont run gb gbc

Last edited by CybaPunk (Dec 26, 2016 5:33 pm)

i tried messaging the seller but they musnt understand english that well the message kept telling me to look at the items description >.>

Alabama

There are no pictures of these Gameboy Advances powered on with backlit screens. Not in the item description either, only title. That is a hugeeee red flag.

NUMBSKULL

Well this pic definitely has a new screen installed. Notice the ribbon cable folded over. The quality of the installation is definitely questionable but I'd say you most likely have a backlit screen!

Last edited by catskull (Dec 26, 2016 9:53 pm)

Glasgow, Scotland.

Let us know how it turns out! Price seems a little steep, but it's been a while since I looked at GBAs...

i thought honestly for where i live [Australia] the price was good perhaps too good im not too bothered cause if its not as described and i can prove its a knock off ill be fine

i bought the orange one cause its weird for me cause i usually pick black or blue i was feeling a little Wild

Glasgow, Scotland.
CybaPunk wrote:

i thought honestly for where i live [Australia] the price was good perhaps too good im not too bothered cause if its not as described and i can prove its a knock off ill be fine

i bought the orange one cause its weird for me cause i usually pick black or blue i was feeling a little Wild

Just looked at prices in the UK and they are like 30-40GBP more expensive than the one you got, so I was wrong!

Time to freak out like an old man in a suitcase till i get it then XD im really not too worried it has a checklist for me to prove its not a knock off

1x Built In Games

1x  Rechargeable Battery

1x Manual in shocking english

1x it sais nee how when i boot it up [joke]

Last edited by CybaPunk (Dec 27, 2016 8:22 pm)

Okay Good news guys it finally ***** got here today, weirdly enough it came in a Japanese gba box

so checklist

No Built In Games
No Rechargeable Battery
It Did not come with a manual, i believe its a real deal Japanese gba however what was it doing in china ?

im still fairly skeptical but so far its going great

Poland, Gdansk

Hey, I have 2 backlit AGB-001 consoles from Aliexpress for around 80USD a piece and they are definitely genuine.
There is another problem though. While one of the consoles is perfect, the second one has some serious problems with the lcd backlight bleeding. So you have to be aware that there can be some quality problems

EXAMPLE OF THE PROBLEM

SECOND EXAMPLE

Last edited by scannerboy (Jan 16, 2017 10:40 am)

just checking but the gba had fairly horrible sound correct ?

san diego
CybaPunk wrote:

just checking but the gba had fairly horrible sound correct ?

The sound for the agb-001 is actually alrighr if you can pull of the prosound mod. Other wise
Just plugging a 3.5 cable into the headphone plug is really low compared to a prosound dmg or color.

I posted a picture on a different thread on the solder points on where the prosound mod is.

I installed a 3.5mm jack on my gba because i did not figure out how to wire it to the headphone out of it.

Here is the thread:
http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/8529/ … od/page/2/

Its at the botrom