Poland

Hi
I do not know the electronics stuff so I asked a friend to build me a LSDJMC2 based on:
http://www.firestarter-music.de/lsdj/
I would like to do a sync between Ableton and LSDJ. I did everything was written in the manual LSDJ and LSDJMC2 but it doesn't work for me.
I think I'm doing something wrong because the diods light at the launch and the interface looks like it worked. Probably I don't know how to configure Ableton:( Can you help me, please??

It's my settings:
Game Boy-Headphones >> Mixer >> Sound Card Line In
Game Boy-Port Link >> LSDJMC2 << Midi In-USB << PC

Ableton Midi Sync:
Input - Audio device USB or Audio device USB(Emulated)
Track, Sync - ON

I have no sounds from Game Boy and all time is WAIT status. But when I change LSDJMC 2 mode to FULL MIDI and COMPATIBLE then it is the sounds from gameboy, but it takes literally one-two second. I noticed also that the word WAIT changes into SYNC.

I will be grateful for the help.

New York City
Ismpof wrote:

Hi
Game Boy-Port Link >> LSDJMC2 << Midi In-USB << PC

You plugged this wrong, you are supposed to connect the MIDI OUT of your interface to the LSDJ^MC2.
Also make sure you have selected your MIDI interface in the MIDI configuration, and set Ableton to SEND MIDI clock. The Live manual will help you do that. (You only say you enabled it for RECEIVING data, not sending)

Last edited by akira^8GB (May 31, 2010 4:47 pm)

Poland

Thank you for reply.
When I plugged MIDI OUT to LSDJ^MC2 I noticed that it started to flash a little red square next to EXT and TAP. Midi interface also began to shine green LED(responsible for the music signal) Only LED responsible for MIDI is not lit in my interface.
How I can set Ableton to SEND MIDI clock?? I read manual, but I could not find it. I'm really noob.

Los Angeles
Ismpof wrote:

Thank you for reply.
When I plugged MIDI OUT to LSDJ^MC2 I noticed that it started to flash a little red square next to EXT and TAP. Midi interface also began to shine green LED(responsible for the music signal) Only LED responsible for MIDI is not lit in my interface.
How I can set Ableton to SEND MIDI clock?? I read manual, but I could not find it. I'm really noob.

Set the [ SYNC ] button on, in the MIDI *output* port you are using in the Ableton MIDI settings.

Poland

Thanx, but SYNC button is on. Do you think that it might be a problem within the LDSJ^MC2 structure??

New York City

Maybe, don' t you have ANY other MIDI Device t test it?

It could also be your interface or a configuration of it.
Did you try the interface sending MIDI clock to anything else?

Do you have Mac or PC?

Poland

Unfortunately not:(
Hmmm...I bought a really cheap interface:
http://image.made-in-china.com/2f0j00vB … W-718-.jpg
It doesn't have any own settings. Tomorrow I will send a LSDJ^MC2 to my friend and he will check it with his interface.
Not.
PC.
Thank you for trying to help! I appreciate it.

P.S - I also tried FL Studio based on Arduino working settings, but LSDJ mode is still WAIT.

São Paulo, Brazil
Ismpof wrote:

Unfortunately not:(
Hmmm...I bought a really cheap interface:
http://image.made-in-china.com/2f0j00vB … W-718-.jpg

Despite of your actual problems, I hope you're only expecting to receive midi clock on your game boy. I had this same midi/usb cable and it just can't handle with midi notes (at least, with retriggering and arpeggios).