NES GB land

I've been getting very frustrated trying to find an easy way of getting a Gameboy emulator for the 3DS that I can run LSDJ on. I've had it with my GB USB smart card, there's just too many problems to deal with regarding LSDJ save data, and that is the reason why I plan to have LSDJ on my 3DS rather than dealing with a finicky smart card.
So the question is, has anybody tried to get LSDJ running on the Nintendo 3DS? Is it also possible to get LSDJ running on that Nintendo virtual console thing with it's Gameboy emulator that it has?

Michigan

There are injection mods for the virtual console emulators, but I have not tried any out.
You just have a flash cart? Do you have any cfw running on the 3DS?

NES GB land

I don't have any flash cart for the 3DS, I'm just wondering if there is a Gameboy emulator for the 3DS that I could put on my SD card, and I could copy some LSDJ ROMs on to it.

Last edited by djmaximum (Jan 7, 2017 10:46 pm)

Michigan
djmaximum wrote:

I don't have any flash cart for the 3DS, I'm just wondering if there is a Gameboy emulator for the 3DS that I could put on my SD card, and I could copy some LSDJ ROMs on to it.

Yes, but only if you are running custom firmware on the 3DS.
Unlessyou hack the system, you cannot run any unsigned code from the SD card.

I'll try to remember to make a tutorial for GB emulation with some file packs to get people started. Hacking a 3ds is a pretty complicated and intensive process still, but good tutorials are available.

South UK

Visit http://3ds.guide for how to hack and install CFW, but if you've updated to 11.3 your outta luck

I had updated to 11.3 and just cracked it last week. It's 11.4 you don't want to update to.

I was able to inject the title to the 3ds, but it will crash on startup.  I think it needs a patch of some kind to run on the Virtual Console.  Anyone successful?

Naptown

does VC support more than 32k SRAM? LSDJ requires 128k. anyone tried this using retroarch gambatte? i haven't but it's only because i have so many LSDJ carts running on real DMGs that i haven't bothered testing it on 3ds

Chicago IL

Loads up with GameYob, haven't tested it much but did a little bass in the wav channel and it doesn't sound like garbage the way it will on a lot of portable emulators.

it also automatically maps a secondary select/start to X/Y which is handy as the dickens

tested on o3DS with the 3ds.guide CFW method

update: the wave channel is a LITTLE garbage but its good for sketching

Last edited by Saskrotch (Apr 20, 2017 5:58 pm)