UK, Leicester

Ran both the versions of lgpt in the rarchive on my mac but neither of them worked, they opened and closed instantly. Its a p old mac, running OSX 10.3.smth I think snow leopard? The mac install is basically clean so maybe there are libraries in missing, I tried looking through some support threads and searching but couldn't find anything. Any help would be much appreciated, trynna work on my old psp/canoo stuff but both of them are very inactive

Chicago IL

I would highly doubt it runs on 10.3. It's intel/ppc which I don't think really kicked in til 10.4

IL, US

10.3 isn't snow leopard. snow leopard is 10.6. i think it should be possible on snow leopard, but like saskrotch says it's highly unlikely to work on 10.3 if that's what you're running

UK, Leicester

Rah, well thats somewhat disappointing, its one of the semicircle macs with the protruding screen face thing so i dont think it can run any versions of OSX higher than the one its already on;

specs wrote:

Hardware Overview:

Machine Model:    iMac
  CPU Type:    PowerPC G4  (2.1)
  Number Of CPUs:    1
  CPU Speed:    800 MHz
  L2 Cache (per CPU):    256 KB
  Memory:    512 MB
  Bus Speed:    100 MHz
  Boot ROM Version:    4.45f3
  Serial Number:    QT2336ERN0S

If i cant use it to do piggy compositions, are there any other trackers that would run on such minimal specs? id preferably not have to emulate anything, writing for any console/system/whatever is cool, id just like to do something

IL, US

i believe you could get ubuntu running on that machine (maybe do it as a dual-boot in case you want to use old mac software too), which might let you use the linux version of piggy tracker on it

Earth

Yeah your wheelhouse on that thing is going to be old PPC Mac  audio software. Of which there are myriad. I'm sure there's still stuff around on torrent sites and shit. I only advocate that for legacy software.

i believe you could get ubuntu running on that machine (maybe do it as a dual-boot in case you want to use old mac software too), which might let you use the linux version of piggy tracker on it

That's a very good idea.

Last edited by breakphase (Apr 15, 2017 5:26 pm)

UK, Leicester
e.s.c. wrote:

thats a shout, its not my mac, but the owner is looking for new uses for it so this might go down well, thanks

breakphase wrote:

Yeah your wheelhouse on that thing is going to be old PPC Mac  audio software. Of which there are myriad. I'm sure there's still stuff around on torrent sites and shit. I only advocate that for legacy software.

currently got some things to test along these lines, a couple trackers on woolyss seemed like they'd work, or at least worth a shot.

The things thats kinda stumping me is that on the piggy homepage it even says;

piggy wrote:

It is currently running on Game Park's GP2x & Caanoo, PSP, Dingoo, Windows, Mac OSX (intel/ppc) & Linux (Debian).

IL, US

if you're in the Facebook piggy tracker group there may be someone who has more specific answers if you post in there

Unsubscribe

I couldn't get piggy running on a clean sierra machine the other day so you might have to install some dependencies you have to setup or permissions too, need to check my working machine.

Milkytracker  should run on your hardware.