Indiana

I just finished building this, but I've run into a problem.

I'm sending midi out of live, and for some reason the it is behaving as if my MIDI channel 1 is actually channel 2. I'm getting sample playback with notes >64 on channel 1, and no response at all from channel 2.

Anybody have any ideas?

Melbourne, Australia

Looks like the code is referencing Channel 1 as 0 and Channel 2 as 1, so I'm suspecting the problem may be that the Teensy libraries have been updated at some point to refer to Channel 1 as 1, and Channel 2 as 2 - editing the code to reflect this may solve it?

detroit
little-scale wrote:
egr wrote:

This is strictly midi over usb, correct?

I'll add a 5 din port with the next update smile

yessss! ^u^

Indiana
uXe wrote:

Looks like the code is referencing Channel 1 as 0 and Channel 2 as 1, so I'm suspecting the problem may be that the Teensy libraries have been updated at some point to refer to Channel 1 as 1, and Channel 2 as 2 - editing the code to reflect this may solve it?

Oh gosh, so I went through the code and incremented the channel value by 1 every time I saw the word channel referencing something. I've got it to play samples on channel 2, but nothing else. Channel 1 acts the same but no samples, which I think is correct, just missing non-samples on channel 2.

Is there a way I could use an older teensy library and just use the original code, or should I have somebody who knows what they're doing just try to update the code?

Last edited by Fudgers (Apr 17, 2014 7:31 pm)

Melbourne, Australia

OK, download the code again, then insert a line at the very beginning of the doCC, doNote, and doNoteOff functions:

channel = channel - 1;

Indiana

that did the trick, thanks so much for the help, i'm still learning! tongue

oklahoma

Hey. I'm trying to get this together, and I think I need a little help with the teensy 2.0 part of this equation. I downloaded the .INO file, installed the Arduino IDE 1.8.2 and the teensyduino add on. I don't know exactly what to do to flash it to the teensy... in the Arduino app I have teensy 2.0 chosen for the board type, I don't know what to pick for usb type, I chose midi. which programmer do I pick? and where do I put the .INO file, run once or run repeatedly?  Then, when I verify or upload the file, I get a lot of text in the bottom window saying crap about errors. "prg uchar kick[] does not name a type
"..., and some..."was not declared in this scope."
so this is my first experience with flashing code to a microcontroller, and it just don't seem right... HELP PLEASE!

oscillating wrote:

I downloaded the .INO file, installed the Arduino IDE 1.8.2 and the teensyduino add on.

Great!

oscillating wrote:

in the Arduino app I have teensy 2.0 chosen for the board type, I don't know what to pick for usb type, I chose midi.

Correct! (assuming you're using a Teensy 2.0 board, which I'm sure you are! MIDI is correct.)

oscillating wrote:

which programmer do I pick?

You don't need to! These options are for flashing chips with an external programmer and don't apply to the Teensy.

oscillating wrote:

and where do I put the .INO file, run once or run repeatedly?

Not sure what you mean by this! You don't need to 'put' the file anywhere, just open it in the Arduino IDE. Like File > Open.

oscillating wrote:

Then, when I verify or upload the file, I get a lot of text in the bottom window saying crap about errors. "prg uchar kick[] does not name a type"..., and some..."was not declared in this scope."

This is the tricky part! Given little-scale's code is 4 years old it probably needs some tweaks to bring it up to date with the current Arduino and Teensyduino versions. I'll endeavour to check it out when I'm at home and post back if come up with something useful.

oklahoma

I see that I didn't download the .INO file. I copy and pasted it. Is that likely to change anything? I can't find a way to download the actual .ino, just view it and save as some sort of text format.

Salt Lake City, UT

Does this setup suffer from the same pitch issues as Synthcart?
I think I already know the answer to that question but... one can hope. Synthcart is fun but not at all practical to use with other gear sad

Abandoned on Fire
toasterpastries wrote:

Does this setup suffer from the same pitch issues as Synthcart?
I think I already know the answer to that question but... one can hope. Synthcart is fun but not at all practical to use with other gear sad

That's just how the 2600 chip is. It doesn't produce a real scale. Weird, I know.

Unsubscribe

I made some tuning defintion files for synthcart
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/syn … g%20Files/

If your synth supports this, you can use this to make it in tune with the atari