Dallas

I've been attempting to get Nanoloop to sync with mGB.

I'm assuming after loading mGB to an NL ROM slot that I need to set mGB to NL mode. I've been trying to set mGB to NL mode with the ArduinoBoyEditor editor in Max and can't get it to connect over the Nanoloop MIDI to USB.

Is this an unnecessary step and mGB just works with NL when loaded, or do I need to connect mGB to the editor and set it to Nanoloop mode before mGB communicates with it?

My end goal is to get Nanoloop to work over MIDI with Ableton. I've been following this past thread, but I feel like I'm missing a step in connecting mGB to Nl: http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/19716 … ding-roms/

Any ideas?

IL, US

i'm confused. if you only have the one cart, you can only run either nanoloop or mGB at any given time. there is no nanoloop mode in mGB. which do you plan to use with ableton, nanoloop or mGB? if you're using nanoloop, you want to set the nanoloop usb midi adapter to SYNC mode. if mGB, you set the adapter to MIDI
edit: to clarify, you'd set the nanoloop usb midi adapter mode with the nlmidi command line tool (or more likely just use the .bat included in that zip). think you can with the web based version too, i just never use that myself

Dallas
e.s.c. wrote:

i'm confused. if you only have the one cart, you can only run either nanoloop or mGB at any given time. there is no nanoloop mode in mGB. which do you plan to use with ableton, nanoloop or mGB? if you're using nanoloop, you want to set the nanoloop usb midi adapter to SYNC mode. if mGB, you set the adapter to MIDI
edit: to clarify, you'd set the nanoloop usb midi adapter mode with the nlmidi command line tool (or more likely just use the .bat included in that zip). think you can with the web based version too, i just never use that myself

It looks like I confused myself.

Basically, I'm trying to send MIDI notes from Ableton into Nanoloop to play like a synth.

Unsubscribe

Thats not possible. Nanoloop only supports midi sync, not note control.

IL, US

yeah, you need to use mGB in that case. set the adapter to MIDI mode using that .bat file from the zip in the other thread, boot the cart into whichever bank you loaded mGB (either hitting A or B at the start screen, whichever you put it in) and you should be good to go