Leeds

I have just purchased the nanoloop USB-MIDI adaptor (The Green one). Initially I was able to connect with the online nlmidi tool and successfully loaded 2 ROMs. to the nanoloop cart. However after deleting these two ROMs I now find I cannot send them again.  Whilst the nimidi tool shows the gameboy is connected the ROMs wont send to the game boy. I have checked that the A and B slots are empty. I would be grateful if someone could could help please. I have tried a different link and usb cable but it just wont perform. Odd that it worked straight away but the following day it wouldn't.
Matt

Leeds

Sorted!!! for those who may have the same problem: The connection between the adaptor and the GB link cable appears very unstable. I have 2 one for origional GB and colour GB both experience the same issue. Also usinging the on line nlmidi tool may increase the problem when connection is broken. The tool will indicate that it is connected to the game boy when it is not, As it can just be connected to the Mini Usb adaptor and not the GB. I had to "nurse" the connection in my hand to ensure a stable connection. Windows 10  may also make teh process worse as it ofthen does.

Matt101 wrote:

The connection between the adaptor and the GB link cable appears very unstable.

While the USB end can be difficult to fit sometimes, the connection between adaptor and link cable is typically the most reliable part in the chain. The PCB should fit firmly into the plug and have good contact. If you have to "nurse" the connection, a broken cable or worn out plug seems more likely. This happened with my cables a few times.

Matt101 wrote:

The tool will indicate that it is connected to the game boy when it is not, As it can just be connected to the Mini Usb adaptor and not the GB.

The tool just says "nanoloop USB-MIDI connected " which means that the nanoloop USB-MIDI adaptor is connected (and not that the adaptor is connected to nanoloop via USB MIDI, maybe that's a little mistakable).There is indeed no two-way connection (except for the nl2 update), data are sent / received blindly. Hence no mention of a Game Boy.

Last edited by oliver (Jul 7, 2017 2:41 pm)