Hey guys, I am really new to this modding scene and I have to admit it's becoming addicting, I recently installed a backlight and bivert module kit to my play it loud clear DMG and I noticed the shades are not showing up. I took it apart and was checking connections and as far as I could tell it looked fine, the odd thing is if I press down on the module three of the four shades will pop up. I'm not really sure what to do at this point, I will post pictures down below of whats going on. Thanks for the help.

Last edited by Stack3r (Jul 11, 2017 10:28 am)

╱╲╱╲╱╲╱

Take a look here.

I didn't think you needed to cut anything for the chip to work, I'm not really sure what he did to fix it. The comments say he ran a wire from a via to the cpu

Last edited by Stack3r (Jul 11, 2017 1:23 pm)

Naptown

you just need more solder on VCC, pin1 and pin3. the reason the correct shades show up when you press down is because pushing down on it is making a better connection between the points on the chip and the points on the board. VCC looks like a cold joint. just reflow some more solder into those points and the problem should resolve.

urbster1 wrote:

you just need more solder on VCC, pin1 and pin3. the reason the correct shades show up when you press down is because pushing down on it is making a better connection between the points on the chip and the points on the board. VCC looks like a cold joint. just reflow some more solder into those points and the problem should resolve.

Okay thanks for the reply, I'll see what I can do later and I'll report back

Last edited by Stack3r (Jul 11, 2017 3:41 pm)

urbster1 wrote:

Do I need to make sure those holes are filled and flat with solder?

Last edited by Stack3r (Jul 11, 2017 3:40 pm)

Naptown

i think so, yes

I never have luck with those boards, have gone to using chips mounted on a generic breakout board and wiring the connections.

I never have luck with those boards, have gone to using chips mounted on a generic breakout board and wiring the connections.

Edit - sorry for the double post.

Last edited by irony7 (Jul 11, 2017 6:52 pm)