Hastings, East Sussex, UK

Hey guys. Circuit Bird here.

Just wanted to show my YM2017 test cart. For reasons, I cannot say what songs are on here, but I can show you the cart. It has 4 tracks on it (it's an unfinished version of the cartridge, but only relevant for testing). The LED daughterboard was really interesting. When you turn on the Sega Genesis, the board scrolls "HI!" until you select a track. When you select a song, the board then displays EQ bars when it plays, and they are in time with the song.

Seriously, the YM2017 project is really neat and I hope to join their next project in terms of music! I was a beta tester for the cart to test the music playing on both PAL and NTSC via my modified model 1 Genesis. Pic is in the link below!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYMOXbuAD-U/

Last edited by Circuit Bird (Aug 29, 2017 12:33 am)

Adelaide, Australia

Hey Circuit Bird, thanks for sharing! Very cool that you got a sneak peak at the cartridge! I agree the LED visualizer looks great. Looking forward to getting my copy! big_smile

Everything about this release is great. I love the emoji pattern silkscreen on the PCB.

Hastings, East Sussex, UK

It's a very cool cart! Like I said though, I only have an unfinished version, as this version has just 4 out of the 9 tracks on the cart. I first tested out an earlier version of the ROM on my Everdrive.