USA

I just got a Datel Midi cart to use. Tried it on station 64, sid wizard and it has really weird midi issues. The notes hang on sid wiz and aren't always triggered. Then some times they play themselves after i hit the key like a retriggering note hang. On station 64 a random note plays intermittently and the notes are severely delayed like up to 10 seconds. Anyone ekse have these issues? Using a roland pcr-300 controller and PAL c64c with dualsid. I had the second sid set to $de00 but thoughtthe issue may be because of the cart pin for chip select so i changed it to $d420. Even when the second registry is disabked it has these issues. Is it just a terribke midi device

I've tried to use Station 64 with a Datel midi passport and a Rockband midi keytar on several NTSC systems. It just flat doesn't work. The notes are seemingly played at random. I tried sequencing with FL running through my Midisport 1x1 and that's a no go either.

However, Paul Slocum's Cynthcart was upgraded not too long ago and now has support for multiple midi adapters, including Datel devices. I've used it a lot and it's perfect. I don't do a lot of heavy lifting with it, just some fun riffing, but it definitely accepts midi signals. http://www.qotile.net/cynthcart.html

Sorry for bumping an old thread.  I have two Datel midi interfaces.  One is perfect (bought new) with Cynthcart, the other (secondhand, but says Datel on the PCB) does weird things with midi CC data.  I've never sent note data with either though.

Any thoughts on fixing the dodgy one?