Hi community, i have a 8bit horror game and we need great tracks for the game, the game recibes the name of REFURBISHED and will stay available on steam this halloween for FREE!

Number of songs required : 15 tracks by various artists
Rough length of songs : 2 - 3 minutes
Deadline : October 15th
Compensation : your name and your info appears in all credits of the game, web site, compilation, etc.
Contact information : [email protected]
Game / company website : REFURBISHED for UNDEAD GAMES

The songs do not have to be new, it can be something cool from your great repertoire

THANK YOU SO MUCH CHIPMUSIC COMMUNITY!

Some screenshots:
http://68.media.tumblr.com/845eb1f6433b … 1_1280.gif

The type of game is Halloween Forever
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52pvXnMPkeo

THANKS AGAIN!

Last edited by Captain Misterio (Sep 29, 2017 5:32 pm)

IL, US

you seriously are hoping for 16 tracks by October 15th, with NO PAY?
i'm guessing you have no experience writing songs, since that's quite a lot of work that you're expecting someone to do for credit in a game by a dev no one has heard of that uses hotmail & outlook email addresses (so i guess you can't be bothered to pay for web hosting to have a proper website & the email accounts to go with it)

Clermont-Ferrand, France

1 song a day, easy.

IL, US
PleaseLoseBattle wrote:

1 song a day, easy.

lol

The Bronx

Clermont-Ferrand, France
e.s.c. wrote:
PleaseLoseBattle wrote:

1 song a day, easy.

lol

That was a joke. I'm struggling to compose a 10 tracks NES OST. It's been 6 months now. And deadline quite close.

IL, US
PleaseLoseBattle wrote:
e.s.c. wrote:

lol

That was a joke. I'm struggling to compose a 10 tracks NES OST. It's been 6 months now. And deadline quite close.

no, i figured it was.. even in the days when i wrote music particularly quickly, it took a ton of work for me to finish up 9-12 track albums in 28 days (for the RPM challenge, not sure if that still exists). talking where i'd work on the music for ~4 hrs/day after work mon-friday, then 8-12 hours a day on the weekend

Clermont-Ferrand, France
e.s.c. wrote:
PleaseLoseBattle wrote:

no, i figured it was.. even in the days when i wrote music particularly quickly, it took a ton of work for me to finish up 9-12 track albums in 28 days (for the RPM challenge, not sure if that still exists). talking where i'd work on the music for ~4 hrs/day after work mon-friday, then 8-12 hours a day on the weekend

Exactly. Same here. Just a 1 minute loop (for a classic platformer, nothing fancy) takes me ~10hrs. And now I'm stagnating because work won't let me have any spare time to go on.
So I can't imagine how someone would agree to do this.

Rhode Island

These posts never cease to amaze me. What if this was posted the other way around?

Number of levels required : 15 levels + bosses
Rough length of each level: 5-6 minutes
Deadline : October 15th
Style or Genre required : retro aesthetic, spooky themed, preferably C programming
Compensation : your name and your info appears in all credits of the game and compilation

As a game designer, is this a project you would take seriously?

NC in the US of America

I guess these people don't put any time or effort into making an actual good game with good graphics, programming, level design, and game play and have an over-inflated sense of value in their sup-par generic product. It makes sense that they would think that their game is worthy of 15 GREAT 1-2 minute tracks to be done in 15 days with no pay. They probably spent about 15 days of low-effort work in Game Maker throwing this together with no budget and think it's Great, so I can understand expecting a musician to spend 15 days of low-effort work to produce something "Great".

What you really meant to ask for is 15 mediocre uninspired generic 30 second loops to match the mediocre uninspired sprite edits, programming, and game design talent that went into this.

Not trying to be mean. Just real. I bet the game is a fun freeware game for what it is smile Don't let this discourage you. Keep on keeping on, make the game the best it can be and I'm sure people will enjoy it.

Compensation : The name of your game appears in the liner notes of the OST release page on bandcamp.com

fixed*

Last edited by SketchMan3 (Sep 29, 2017 3:23 pm)

e.s.c. wrote:

you seriously are hoping for 16 tracks by October 15th, with NO PAY?
i'm guessing you have no experience writing songs, since that's quite a lot of work that you're expecting someone to do for credit in a game by a dev no one has heard of that uses hotmail & outlook email addresses (so i guess you can't be bothered to pay for web hosting to have a proper website & the email accounts to go with it)

Hi Se.s.c. will be a compilation of several artists and it does not matter if the theme is new or old, there are already 8 tracks ready and everything will be free, on the other hand i canceled my domain because the service I had was horrible so I use my personal mail for now, greetings and Thank you very much for the contribution, my best greetings

An the game was finished, only need a cool OST, i dont make music an i donĀ“t know great musicians yet

THANKS ALOT FOR THE HELP AND SUPPORT IN THIS POST

Dallas, Texas

Aww, sweet! I can't wait to enter! Now I can pay my rent with all my exposure bucks.

Bristol, UK

Sent you an email! smile

Chicago IL

You get what you pay for