USA

Hi all, forgive me if I'm posting in the wrong spot.

I recently made the mistake of ordering an LSDJ cart from DJTransformer before doing adequate research.  Having read a couple of threads here (from over 4 years ago) I now realize that it may take a very, very long time for the cart to arrive, if it arrives at all.  I only ordered from him because I couldn't find a blank cart or a preloaded LSDJ cart anywhere.  Kitsch-bent has had them out of stock for a while, and other sellers I've seen mentioned don't seem to carry the carts anymore.  Does anyone know where I can get, preferably, a preloaded LSDJ cart?  I've donated for LSDJ and all that, and I'm itching to get into making chiptunes.

Thanks.

Salt Lake City, UT

I would usually say kitsch-bent but it looks like he's sold out of the EMS 64M carts right now.

Your options are:
EMS 64M (available from multiple sources, cheapest)
Nonfinite Electronic's SDCart V2
Drag'n'Derp (good luck finding one!)
El Cheapo 1.x (2.0 does not work w/ LSDJ)

most places will pre-load LSDJ if you provide proof of purchase HOWEVER I would recommend getting familiar with loading .roms onto whatever cartridge you get as you'll want to do that as updates come out.

.FILTHadelphia

There's always other trackers outside of LSDJ you can use.

oklahoma

It never hurts to email the source and politely ask for some help. Most of "these people" are quite helpful. Probably whip one up, or something.  Perhaps someone in the crowd has a spare they'd be willing to part with..?

USA

Ok, thanks all.  I'll keep checking sellers and see what I can find.

Indianapolis, IN

also worth noting that the new GB Everdrives from krikzz now support 128kb save data, so they are compatible with LSDJ

USA
defensem3ch wrote:

also worth noting that the new GB Everdrives from krikzz now support 128kb save data, so they are compatible with LSDJ

This enables them to save properly now right?  I may go this route.

Indianapolis, IN

yes. in fact i might pick one up too

USA

Do you know what the difference between the X3 and the X5 means?  For the X3 it says "Same as X5 but required reboot in menu to save game progress stored in SRAM (Like Mega-X3 or ED64-V2.5)".  Does this mean to save a tune I'm working on, it will save but LSDJ will restart?

NUMBSKULL

The X3 literally has a button INSIDE the cart that you can press. It will reset the cart. So what you have to do is save, then press the button, and it will reboot with your save. But if you forget to push the button after saving, it won't actually save. Not worth the risk IMO.

Naptown

oh so the X3 won't even save the current project in SRAM without resetting? i was thinking it was like the Bennvenn El Cheapo SDs, but that reboot is only required to backup your save to SD. if so that's kind of a bummer

USA

Ok, thanks for the heads up.  I think I will go with the X5, seems like it should be easier to make backups with the micro sd as well.  A little pricey, but it seems like it's high quality and easy to use.  Thanks everyone, much appreciated.