Atlanta, GA

Hey, I was wondering if anyone on here could repair gameboys for me? I know that when it comes to things like this people have a sort of "do it yourself" mentality, but I just don't have any luck when it comes to this sort of stuff. Plus the gameboy I would really like to be repaired was modded very proffesionally by someone that knew what they were doing and I'm afraid I'd get in there and make it worse.

The problem with the specific gameboy I'd like repaired is in the audio mod, when using the audio mod the sound in the right 'ear' sometimes goes out. It is an ASM pro-sound mod.

Detroit

If you really insist on sending it out to someone to repair, check out Stardriver Services on facebook.  Garrett's my dude and he'll probably fix it for the sole cost of shipping to him.  But really, if you've got a triwing and a soldering iron, it will only take you as long as it takes to heat up the iron to fix channel issues.

Unsubscribe

Have you try contacting ASM? He seems pretty responsive and maybe will give a discount to support his past work.

this guy is great

https://www.facebook.com/burnfingers?fref=ts

Last edited by Apeshit (Jul 17, 2019 12:25 am)

Michigan
The One Electronic wrote:

If you really insist on sending it out to someone to repair, check out Stardriver Services on facebook.

I feel I have to mirror this post and recommend Stardriver Services.

He is seriously one of the greatest guys I know. Got a green play it loud that I record and play shows with that absolutely rips.

Unsubscribe
Apeshit wrote:

Im a cool dude

Atlanta, GA
Apeshit wrote:

It's not necessarily from me, since there's only a handful of my mods with PCB mount pro sound in the wild. But I can certainly repair it either way. If time permits, I'll do it at cost of shipping.

Wow, that would be really super cool of you! Should I PM you?

Sweeeeeeden
Ninten Kwon Do wrote:
Apeshit wrote:

It's not necessarily from me, since there's only a handful of my mods with PCB mount pro sound in the wild. But I can certainly repair it either way. If time permits, I'll do it at cost of shipping.

Wow, that would be really super cool of you! Should I PM you?

He has actually stated previously that he prefers e-mail (click the e-mail link on his profile page after clicking his name) or the ASM Retro contact form. Sending a PM here doesn't generate an e-mail, so someone won't see their PM before they visit the site.

http://asmretro.com/contact

Atlanta, GA
nitro2k01 wrote:

He has actually stated previously that he prefers e-mail (click the e-mail link on his profile page after clicking his name) or the ASM Retro contact form. Sending a PM here doesn't generate an e-mail, so someone won't see their PM before they visit the site.

http://asmretro.com/contact

We actually already worked it out, but thank you.

Sweeeeeeden

Cool!

Last edited by Apeshit (Jul 17, 2019 12:25 am)

I realize I'm replying to a 2-year-old thread, so I hope somebody reads this. I'm looking for a service to get my kids' gameboy sp advance fixed. The backlight doesn't work.  Also, I have a cartridge that can't save games — presumably it needs a new battery.

I've found lots of websites offering parts and repair advice, but I haven't had good luck trying to repair tiny electronics.

Is there anybody who offers this service?