Does anyone have experience with the Netmars GB E-Merger (it's old, I know).  I'm having some difficulties with it:  Often when I plug it into my computer via USB (I acquired an adapter) it won't recognize that anything has been plugged in.  On occasion, (after I restart my computer) it will my the recognize the device, install the drivers, and everything seems like it would work.  When I try to run the GB E-Merger software (version 3.01) it says "Device-driver open error..." and when I run it as administrator I get to the screen where I can choose to run it either normally or professionally.  Since I am trying to load ROMs onto it I choose the normal option but it says "EPP port connect error!" and I am left at a dead end.  All I can do after that is abort the program, retry (and I get the same result), or ignore at which point I am brought to the main screen of the software but cannot choose to run my E-Card.  I know Akira has experience with the GB E-merger, and if someone could give me his contact or get in contact with him, that would very much appreciated.  Hopefully someone else could help me solve this puzzle as well.
Thanks

Last edited by *E (Jun 5, 2010 2:20 pm)

Sweeeeeeden

All of the old LPT port Gameboy cartridge devices require direct access to the LPT which USB-LPT adapters typically can't provide. I don't think I recall I've heard a USB-LPT adapter success story, ever.

nitro2k01 wrote:

All of the old LPT port Gameboy cartridge devices require direct access to the LPT which USB-LPT adapters typically can't provide. I don't think I recall I've heard a USB-LPT adapter success story, ever.

Hmm, thanks for the response.  Unfortunately I don't own any computers with parallel ports and USB to parallel won't work.

Sweeeeeeden

BTW, I'm moving this thread to the Handhelds forum. (Also, welcome to CM.org!)

Thanks!  I wasn't sure where to put it

New York City
*E wrote:
nitro2k01 wrote:

Hmm, thanks for the response.  Unfortunately I don't own any computers with parallel ports and USB to parallel won't work.

Sorry, then you can't get it to work.
I am having problems even using it with a modern computer that has a parallel port and runs XP.

No parallel port, no e-merger.

Keep in mind that I've had an e-merger for at least 10 years, back then it was pretty plug-n-play (if it wasn't or the retarded software, but I wrote a guide on how to circumvent that which is on the LSDJ Wiki)

akira^8GB wrote:
*E wrote:

Sorry, then you can't get it to work.
I am having problems even using it with a modern computer that has a parallel port and runs XP.

No parallel port, no e-merger.

Keep in mind that I've had an e-merger for at least 10 years, back then it was pretty plug-n-play (if it wasn't or the retarded software, but I wrote a guide on how to circumvent that which is on the LSDJ Wiki)

Thanks Akira.  I'll check out the wiki, it may be what I'm looking for.

New York City
*E wrote:

Thanks Akira.  I'll check out the wiki, it may be what I'm looking for.

No, the wiki explains how to get your savefiles in and out of the cart.
But for that your device must already be working. Your device is not working because you don't have a proper parallel port/OS combination.

Get an old PC with Windows 98 on it.