Greetings!
I have recently starting making chiptunes my GB using LSDJ / MGB FL Studio Combo. I've manage to put a song together but there are two issues I'm having with LSDJ

1. Say I wanted my song to start with only drums on the wave channel. If the other channels are blank on the first bar then they never get played. It seems as if I need something to be going on on every channel or those channels will never play / will stop playing after a drop out. This is very frustating As i'd like to make dynamic music.

2. Is it possible to stop the song as soon as the sequence ends. The song I've composed has a beginning and an end. LSDJ likes to loop the whole thing once the song is over. Is it possible to have a song end and not repeat itself without having to manual stop it?

Salt Lake City, UT

1. you need phrases inside of a chain in order for it to actually play. for example, if you a chain in the WAV channel with 4 phrases, you're going to want the other channels to have a chain of blank phrases.
ex. WAV has chain 01 with phrases 01,02,03,04...all of those have notes in them.
Make chain 00, put four 00 phrases in it, 00 has no notes. this will make it advance to the next chain as expected. LSDJ will not advance if the chain is empty.

2. use HFF command in a phrase to stop the song

toasterpastries wrote:

1. you need phrases inside of a chain in order for it to actually play. for example, if you a chain in the WAV channel with 4 phrases, you're going to want the other channels to have a chain of blank phrases.
ex. WAV has chain 01 with phrases 01,02,03,04...all of those have notes in them.
Make chain 00, put four 00 phrases in it, 00 has no notes. this will make it advance to the next chain as expected. LSDJ will not advance if the chain is empty.

2. use HFF command in a phrase to stop the song

Thanks a million dude! Being able to end songs is a game changer big_smile

Atlanta, GA

make sure you actually use 7F for your blank chain and FE for your blank phrase so you're on the right side of history