Hi, fellow GameBoy afficionados :)
The other week I went to my parents' and fetched my old DMG-01 from the attic.
While it runs perfectly fine with an external power supply, it completely refuses to run on batteries.
So I opened it up to sort out the obvious potential problems. I completely cleaned the battery contacts using a glass brush and checked with a multimeter to make sure they conduct just fine. With (fresh) batteries inserted the solder points which connect the battery contacts to the board measure 6V so I'm assuming the battery contacts are clean.
To rule out any bad caps I replaced any single one of them with brand new matching ones and resoldered almost the whole board.
Still no luck though.
I read in this forum, that the safety switch in the dc-connector could possibly be the culprit so I tried my best to clean it up and gave it a good wiggle with a tiny screwdriver which didn't help either.
So I'm still stuck with my GameBoy running with power supply but not with batteries.
Does anyone of you magnificent guys and gals have further clues on what could cause this annoying circumstance and on how to possibly solve it?
Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm out of ideas.
Greetings, Chris